The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Facebook bites!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:50 AM

Facebook bites!

I finally got around to starting a facebook page last week and since that day I can't access it!

I can't find any support phone numbers and the email support is a joke, I just get the same response over and over, that is, when I get a response.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:53 AM

I started one a while back. Don't use it.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:21 AM

I've been on for over 3 years and have 2 accounts--what are you under and I'll see if I can find you.

www.facebook.com/malinche

@ngelita
Old 08-31-2009, 11:47 AM

i have pretty much quit using mine. started when it was young and just for college students. now i barely use it. i don't see how people can spend so much time on there, i have a life and better things to do then sit on facebook... Many better uses of my time just when on the internet then being on there too.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:54 AM

I use it to keep in touch with friends and family that live out of town. I don't understand why some people have to change their status everything they do something
Old 08-31-2009, 08:47 PM

Never used it, everyone in my family and my soon to be wife's family uses it. Drives me nuts, problem is i go on my fiancee's and im starting to get addicted to it. Still hate it though.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:08 PM

I had to do a facebook page for my boss. It's bad enough having to come up with cool stuff about your own life. Try doing that for someone you barely know, don't like all that much and signs your paycheck.

Facebook is hell.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:06 PM

Don't use it...
Burglars develop list of targets...
"As well as information about trips away, people were posting party photos showing the interiors of homes and also chatting about their cool new purchases and presents."

"I call it 'Internet shopping for burglars.' It is incredibly easy to use social networking sites to target people, and then scope out more information on their actual home ..."
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 AM

I started on facebook back when it was cool and only for college kids. Now it pretty much sucks. Nothing like having your moms friends and aunts that you see once every 10 years as your freinds and posting on your wall randomly. I go on it a few times a week, but not alot of time.

as far as theft, if you dont post critical info you are fine. I have heard that by putting your full b-day (w/ year) some one can steal you identity w/ just your b-day, name and state. Aperently the facebook/social networking crowd is the fasted growing victims fo ID theft.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:41 AM

Yeah I got on when it was only college kids as well.
My personal page is set to private and no one can see or post on my wall unless they are a friend. The other account is a work one for my students--for me to keep in contact with them, I go where they are--in fact, I noticed now that I'm job hunting, that many now ask if you have experience using social networking sites like FB.

My page has nothing I would be ashamed of since my students did have access.

It's better than that creepy MySpace!

@

Quick Reply: Facebook bites!