Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/)
-   -   Fort Hood Shootings (12 Dead) (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/fort-hood-shootings-12-dead-26556/)

HillsdaleHHR 11-05-2009 03:22 PM

Fort Hood Shootings (12 Dead)

Just saw this on the news: 7 dead, 20 injured in Fort Hood shootings, Army confirms

ChevyMgr 11-05-2009 04:15 PM

12 dead now. This is messed up. WTF is wrong with people???

txbass06 11-05-2009 05:50 PM

My brother-in-law JUST got transferred from Fort Hood less than a week ago...

tireman1554 11-05-2009 05:55 PM

About an hour away from here. So sorry to here we have put of with them stinkin foreign terrorists on our military bases also.

AJochum 11-05-2009 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by tireman1554 (Post 423317)
About an hour away from here. So sorry to here we have put of with them stinkin foreign terrorists on our military bases also.

I think that's a bit premature comment. It would be nice to hear of the facts before the flaming begins.

mitzkity 11-05-2009 06:42 PM

I think the press is doing a painfully careful job of NOT making a point of his Muslim faith. Tho I have to wonder if they are more "evolved" about it now that our president's middle name is "Hassan" - if they want to get called on to ask the pres their questions, they need to be more sensitive to people's rights.

IMHO we need to not rush to judgements in 5 minutes based on 1 bit of info. What's more surprising to me is that he was a shrink - - aren't they supposed to be able to deal with the stress of getting a poor performance review before they HELP US deal with one?

Oh yeah, we will be hearing a LOT more about this as the days go on.

esmarkey 11-05-2009 06:47 PM

I can't believe I missed this on the news! What a tragedy.

djr1973 11-05-2009 09:35 PM

Dorothy( my wife) has a cousin that lives there, husband is stationed there, and Dorothy talked to her after it happened and she said the whole base was on lockdown. She told my wife that there was 12 dead and 31 injured. The guy that did the shooting was the base psych. who had found out that he was being sent to Iraq and the dude flipped out. That sure was one of those WTF was he thinking when I heard about it on my way home from school tonite. It is truly a sad thing when someone has to resort to stupid crap like that. It makes you stop and think, what will happen next in our lovely world.

Kinison_fan 11-06-2009 07:33 AM

Horrible news.
Members of our military and their families not safe within their bases on US soil, with threats like this from within their own ranks...tragic.

solman98 11-06-2009 08:42 AM

My heart goes out to those 13 dead and 31 injured and thier families. I'll be real curious to what all falls from this.

I've got suspensions running in my head from all that I've heard so far. But I'll wait until more information is available.