Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/)
-   -   Gas prices (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/gas-prices-34174/)

HillsdaleHHR 02-20-2007 03:25 PM

$3 Gas Again - Make that $4 Gas Now

Looky where gas is headed again. Already $2.47/gal for regular here!! "the fact they reached that level the past two years shows the market can sustain that price during the summer driving season.":cussing: :mad: :cussing: :censored:

Gas costs back on road to $3

Eric Morath / The Detroit News

The steady climb to higher spring gasoline prices is under way and a repeat of last year's $3 a gallon is a strong possibility.

The average price for a gallon of regular in Metro Detroit reached $2.28 Monday, according AAA Michigan. That's up 38 cents from a month ago and the highest price at the pump since Dec. 4.

Statewide, the average price for a gallon of gas is $2.30.

Pump prices are more than a dime higher than at this time last year, fueling concerns that Michigan drivers again could soon pay $3 a gallon -- as they have the past two summers.

"Things might stay stable for a week," said AAA spokesman Jim Rink, noting prices are only up 3 cents from a week ago. "But once we get into March, prices will go up and hit a peak in late May."

Rink said it's not a certainty that prices will top three bucks, but the fact they reached that level the past two years shows the market can sustain that price during the summer driving season.

The higher cost to make summer fuel, higher gas demand and speculators -- those who buy and sell oil as an investment -- push pump prices higher during the spring months, Rink said.

tireman1554 02-20-2007 03:34 PM

$1.98 here and slowly rising

calgaryhhr 02-20-2007 03:53 PM

It's bad that oil prices have dropped so much lately and that they continue to drop. Some of my friends are starting to get worried they might lose jobs, especially those working in oil sands groups.

HHR Forever 02-20-2007 03:56 PM

It's been $2.11 here for the last two and a half weeks. I think we're good.

SandyBeach 02-20-2007 06:45 PM

It's been inching up slowly here on the Gulf Coast. Right now it's at $2.20. But we're getting ready for Spring Break tourism so we expect the increase.

Black Beauty 02-20-2007 06:50 PM

This would be a great time, to go over there in Iraq, grab that DAMN Saddam, throw him out of office, and take over the oil fields.
Timing is everything...:D

HHR Forever 02-20-2007 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty (Post 123108)
This would be a great time, to go over there in Iraq, grab that DAMN Saddam, throw him out of office, and take over the oil fields.
Timing is everything...:D

Saddam is already dead. :roll:

Black Beauty 02-20-2007 07:03 PM

Ahh, come on, no way, the price of oil would reflect such a world changing event.
I know that all of our problems are because of him, and if he weren`t in power, well...

ymerej_mortsdnil 02-20-2007 07:48 PM

:cussing: :mad: :censored: :censored: :mad: :cussing:

Black Beauty 02-20-2007 08:44 PM

If that no-good Saddam is out of the picture (I hope you`re not joking ) then the price of gas in the U.S. should be around $1.25 gal. by summer.
Man our leadership has really come through this time (unless of course you were joking about Saddam)