The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

GM cutting 10,000 jobs

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member

ChevyMgr....Didn't I kind of ask that in another thread ???

kingfrog.....

Believe it or not, I do agree with many of the positions that you assert. I believe you are correct, especially about MISMANAGEMENT by GM of the company as a whole and of UNION CONTRACTS (I witnessed it firsthand and could do nothing about it).

But you've said it enough, already....your repeating yourself constantly.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
This topic can still be discussed without breaching site rules.

Kingfrog what is your goal here on this forum?

If you would answer this question in less than 3 paragraphs without a long drawn out post about your views of American automobiles, workers, etc, I would appreciate that.

A simple answer is all I ask.
I don't have a "goal" I'm not here to be a mindless HHR or GM cheer leader.
I call it like I see it. I am disappointed with the "quality" of the first American car I bought in years. I am thankful I bought used becasue if I bought this car new I would really be upset......I like the form,,,but am worried about the function. I don;t trust the car enough to take it out of town with the ignition issues that can arise anytime without warning. I son;t let the wife drive it if at all possible. The car has little resale value so I cannot cut my losses and move on quite yet. But if anyone wants to offer $12K for the car I'm all ears LOL.
I have had all the issues that were common on this forum except the leaking moonroof.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
I call it like I see it. I am disappointed with the "quality" of the first American car I bought in years. I am thankful I bought used becasue if I bought this car new I would really be upset......I like the form,,,but am worried about the function. I don;t trust the car enough to take it out of town with the ignition issues that can arise anytime without warning. I son;t let the wife drive it if at all possible. The car has little resale value so I cannot cut my losses and move on quite yet. But if anyone wants to offer $12K for the car I'm all ears LOL.
I have had all the issues that were common on this forum except the leaking moonroof.
You must have bought a car that was beat up by a previous owner. Some do drive the pi$$ out of their cars and really don't care what they do with them. Like they say, buy used...buyer beware!!!!!!! The end CM!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
Had that been an answer to the question, it would have been the "simple" answer. The rest answered nothing other than what I already knew.