The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

How do you Nascar fans feel about ....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 02:34 AM

How do you Nascar fans feel about ....

How do you Nascar fans feel about them now using fuel injection? Are you for it, against it, did not even know that this change took place at Daytona this year, or plain do care one way or another lol?
Old 02-25-2012, 02:56 AM

I think that NASCAR going to fuel injection was inevitable. Gives the drivers better throttle response, more options on engine tuning, and besides its one more way that NASCAR officials can monitor what the teams are doing. I saw the New style of the Ford Fusion for 2013 season - looks a lot more like the production model. However, I think NASCAR should go back to its roots. Back in the day the production cars were rear wheel drive, thus the race cars were rear wheel drive. Now in days all of manufacture production body styles that NASCAR uses, with the exception of the Dodge Charger, are front wheel drive. I think that if a team wants to use the body style of a front wheel drive production vehicle - then their race car should have to be front wheel drive as well. Either that or the manufactures can switch their production models to rear wheel drive.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by TiggersHHR
I think that NASCAR going to fuel injection was inevitable. Gives the drivers better throttle response, more options on engine tuning, and besides its one more way that NASCAR officials can monitor what the teams are doing. I saw the New style of the Ford Fusion for 2013 season - looks a lot more like the production model. However, I think NASCAR should go back to its roots. Back in the day the production cars were rear wheel drive, thus the race cars were rear wheel drive. Now in days all of manufacture production body styles that NASCAR uses, with the exception of the Dodge Charger, are front wheel drive. I think that if a team wants to use the body style of a front wheel drive production vehicle - then their race car should have to be front wheel drive as well. Either that or the manufactures can switch their production models to rear wheel drive.
I feel the same way about the RWD vs FWD. The point of Nascar is PRODUCTION vehicles made to race not race cars that just happen to be shaped like production cars.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by 07azhhr
I feel the same way about the RWD vs FWD. The point of Nascar is PRODUCTION vehicles made to race not race cars that just happen to be shaped like production cars.
x3..
Old 02-25-2012, 07:14 AM

The fuel injection is a throttle body that looks like a carb...still have has to breath through holes the size of the end of your finger...

I still remember the glory days of NASCAR....each maker trying to one-up the other. Rules were lax enough to allow innovation and how to cheat to get an edge. A win equals customers in the show room!

Today's NASCAR is full of made up drama and pussies.

I'd like to go to Daytona Week someday, but unless it's the only thing on TV, I doubt I'll even watch the race.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:50 AM

I think that if a team wants to use the body style of a front wheel drive production vehicle - then their race car should have to be front wheel drive as well.
I want to see the first turn of the first race of the season... That would be entertaining.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Deceased

Even "back in the day" NASCAR didn't exactly keep to the "strictly stock" part of their original intent. It didn't take long for the drivers to start swapping in 6-lug hubs and axles from trucks because they didn't break as often, and tires sourced from trucks too because they were thicker 8-12 ply ones rather than the fragile car tires of the time.

Front wheel drive stock cars wouldn't make 5-laps and everyone realizes it. Front drive has been messed around with at Indy since the 20's, and while the Millers were fast, they were fragile and hairy beasts to drive.

Fuel injection has been long overdue, but NASCAR is hesitant to implement any technology that they might not be able to police. Now they think they know every way possible for teams to mess with the system they've selected, but the season is young and we'll see how long it goes before someone is caught with traction control again....like the 24 car back in 1997.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 AM

Ok I promise to get off this soapbox really quick. I hated the thought of going to fuel injection man how many holly 750dp's have we used seen, Anyhow that is the future of racing or so they say. They are going to lose the knowledge that was gained from "old school" tricks. Now all they will have to do is push a button and some software will "fix" the problem for them. So they lose the hands on thought process.
My other issue is toyota this was supposed to be an American sport and if so why is toyota allowed to race in it they are not American fiat volvo mercedes porsche can not enter so why can they.
Ok thats my rant sorry. I think nascar has lost the edge and now follows the ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR.
I am done thanks for listening,
Doug
Old 02-25-2012, 10:47 AM

Thumbs up

i watch the last race of the year ,i lost interest when the same persons keep winning all the time.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by kb0sdq
My other issue is toyota this was supposed to be an American sport and if so why is toyota allowed to race in it they are not American fiat volvo mercedes porsche can not enter so why can they.
Toyota Camrys are built in Indiana. Mercedes and Volvo actually assemble some of their vehicles in the US but maybe the choose not to. Fiat?? Seriously?? We need to get over that 'American' idea whether we like it or not. How do you feel about Juan Pablo Montoya, Marcus Ambrose or
any of the other non-American drivers being allowed to compete? You nailed it....I'm afraid it's more about $$$ than nation of origin or nationality.

Quick Reply: How do you Nascar fans feel about ....