Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/)
-   -   My little duece coupe! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/my-little-duece-coupe-28522/)

CarlsSS 03-10-2010 07:16 PM

My little duece coupe!

2 Attachment(s)
Taking the daughter back to college this past weekend and I happened to glance down at the odometer in my Riviera... Wow, that is a whole lot of 2's down there! :eek:

It was actually about a mile short of this total, so I pulled over and snapped the shot once it hit the jackpot. What are the chances of hitting all dueces at the same time including the trip-meter! I must have reset it that at 222K when I tanked up last week and never noticed.

It is funny though, it isn't the first time I have glanced down and seen a whole rack of same numbers down there, but this is an all time high for sure! :one: This car has got to be one of the most mechanically reliable vehicles I ever owned. Still all-original 3.8L including the supercharger and trans. :cool:

Mike B. 03-10-2010 09:09 PM

Cool! But not surprising - that 3.8 is widely considered one of the best engines ever made and that vintage Riviera is one nice cruiser, and surprisingly quick for a big car with a V-6. My wife and I bought one new in '95 when GM started making them again and sold it in '05 with 100,000 trouble-free pampered miles on it. She was convinced that it was worn out and couldn't be trusted so she bought a new Toyota which, as it turns out, can be trusted even less. :eek:
That Riviera was the all-around nicest car I ever owned or probably ever will, and I still miss it.

Deuces 03-10-2010 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by CarlsSS (Post 449277)
Taking the daughter back to college this past weekend and I happened to glance down at the odometer in my Riviera... Wow, that is a whole lot of 2's down there! :eek:

It was actually about a mile short of this total, so I pulled over and snapped the shot once it hit the jackpot. What are the chances of hitting all dueces at the same time including the trip-meter! I must have reset it that at 222K when I tanked up last week and never noticed.

It is funny though, it isn't the first time I have glanced down and seen a whole rack of same numbers down there, but this is an all time high for sure! :one: This car has got to be one of the most mechanically reliable vehicles I ever owned. Still all-original 3.8L including the supercharger and trans. :cool:

Ever look at my name???? :lol:

AWESOME!!!!! :bow:

That 3.8 is damn near indestructable!!!! Congrats!! :one:

ANOKAHHR 03-11-2010 07:08 PM

My wife has second generation(even-fire) 3.8 in her 26 FORD COUPE WITH 122K miles, runs like new and gets 20 mpg, hope my 2.4 runs as good as the miles pile up.

CarlsSS 03-11-2010 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yup, Elvira sure is one nice cruiser! :cool: I agree Mike... the 3.8L was probably one of the best motors GM ever built. I don't plan on selling her too soon! I love my Lil Red SS too, but when you want smooth power and a nice ride she is pretty fine! :thumb:

The only cruiser I had that was more amazing and got more compliments was my '93 Eldorado. That car was near mint also, and both the ride and the power of that 4.6L Northstar 32valve V-8 motor was awesome! ;)

Mike B. 03-12-2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by CarlsSS (Post 449483)
Yup, Elvira sure is one nice cruiser! :cool: I agree Mike... the 3.8L was probably one of the best motors GM ever built. I don't plan on selling her too soon! I love my Lil Red SS too, but when you want smooth power and a nice ride she is pretty fine! :thumb:

The only cruiser I had that was more amazing and got more compliments was my '93 Eldorado. That car was near mint also, and both the ride and the power of that 4.6L Northstar 32valve V-8 motor was awesome! ;)

Very nice! :thumb: With all the many cars I've owned I never made it to Cadillac. I married into a Lincoln Mark VII once but that Riviera had it beat hands down.
The HHR is a fun and economical car but you can't beat a nice luxury cruiser.