Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/)
-   -   post season baseball (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/post-season-baseball-10895/)

mizzouHHR 10-02-2007 07:27 AM

post season baseball

Post season baseball is here, so who is your pick to win it all? I'll be a bit different and say the Colorado Rockies. They have won 14 of the last 15 games, so they are hot at the right time.

courthousedeb 10-02-2007 07:32 AM

How about them Rockies Doug? Are their bats hot or what? Believe me...this town has Rockies fever big time now. We've had in excess of 50,000 at the games lately. A while back, they couldn't get half that. :lol:

GO ROCKIES!!!

mizzouHHR 10-02-2007 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb (Post 201092)
How about them Rockies Doug? Are their bats hot or what? Believe me...this town has Rockies fever big time now. We've had in excess of 50,000 at the games lately. A while back, they couldn't get half that. :lol:

GO ROCKIES!!!

The Rockies could surprise a lot of people. They have a great team, and play very well together. If anyone doesn't know who Matt Holliday is, they will know him by the end of post season. Great young player. Add solid pitching and defense to a potent offense and you got a team that could make a run. Look out for the Rockies!

I was so impressed with Coors Field when I was there in May, and the fans in Colorado treated me very well, even though I was there rooting for my Cardinals. And you won't find a more beautiful ballpark anywhere in the country.

SIHHR 10-02-2007 08:06 AM

The Yankees have played the best 2nd half of baseball and A-rod is having a career year. Plus the Yankees have Jaba.

scaleguy 10-02-2007 09:05 AM

Well I gotta' back the Cubbies. I have through everything else...

Goose 10-02-2007 10:55 AM

Problem with A Rod is that he leaves the career year back in the regular season...I can't think of a more bigger star who stinks the joint out than A Rod in the post season...what was he batting last year in the playoffs? 8th??

Mariano has been a rock in the past...not so anymore..that meltdown against Baltimore with the division crown in sight was telling....he has done that quite a few times this year

Good news for the Indians :thumb:

Goose

n.j.hhr 10-02-2007 11:18 AM

Yanks over Phillies,Yanks have some young blood to get them over the hump .....Yankeeeeees Win

ymerej_mortsdnil 10-02-2007 11:18 AM

Cubs

I obviously have to vote for my Cubbies. If you lived here & felt the excitement going on in this city/suburbs surrounding the Cubs I would have a hard time believing any other team generates the level of support/excitement that the Cubs bring to Chicago.;)

I LOVE THE CUBBIES!!!:thumb:

Vivid 10-02-2007 01:50 PM

I vote for option #9:

Anyone but the Yankees.

:nuts:

calgaryhhr 10-02-2007 01:57 PM

You know what I love most about this time of year, hockey is finally back! WOOHOO