The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Vegas Trip February - What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:45 PM

Great rates abound in Vegas - Snap

Calgary,

Like I posted previously with the economy dipping and corresponding occupancy rates in the tank, I think you might be able to negotiate good rates at whatever hotel you've booked rooms at.

We just booked two rooms @ Paris for 4 nights in April. One room is free for three nights +one night complimentary (free). The second room we're getting w/AAA discount of 10% off
Old 02-26-2009, 02:55 PM

Thanks for the suggestions about the trip everyone. We had a great time in Vegas although it could have been a little warmer. I managed to rent a Mustang Convertible while down there. It was a lot different than the HHR. We made it out to Battista's Hole in the Wall and it was a great place. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was wicked. We even had the litte Italian guy play some tunes on his accordian and play our friend "Happy Birthday." The only problem with the place was that my friend did not enjoy her birthday shot of Grappa.

I made a reservation for the German restaurant but we didn't make it over there that night. It was a shame but I'll head over there next time for sure.

The Cirque show "Love" (a Beatles tribute) was incredible. It was the first one I've seen in Vegas but my friends have been to a half dozen or so and they said it was the best they have seen.

The Hoover Dam was pretty cool but I always thought the valley and the dam were a lot wider. That new bridge they are building to bypass the dam is pretty impressive.

We managed to do quite a bit but still left a lot to be seen and discovered for next time
Old 02-26-2009, 04:08 PM

Glad you had fun...I love that place and would go back twice a year but the Mrs wants to explore new places.

That bridge is pretty wild eh? As you might have seen...traffic can really suck trying to get across the dam at certain times so a welcome project.

I agree...Love was incredible and I'm not even that huge of a Beatles fan but enjoyed it nonetheless . You probably just scratched the surface on what to see and do in Vegas.......so much away from the Strip to see and do as well

Goose