Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance and Upkeep (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/maintenance-upkeep-50/)
-   -   2009 HHR, 75k miles, recommended maintenance? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/maintenance-upkeep-50/2009-hhr-75k-miles-recommended-maintenance-44785/)

jenl2881 02-09-2013 08:09 PM

2009 HHR, 75k miles, recommended maintenance?

My car is over 75,000 miles and I want to keep it another 2-3 years so I was considering doing some work to try and prevent problems later on. Any recommendations?

I was thinking the shocks need replacing, not sure what else. The catalytic converter was replaced on warranty already.

Timbo41 04-08-2013 09:12 PM

My 09 just hit 100,000 miles on Saturday. I've never gotten stuck (knock on wood). I did the struts & shocks at about 75,000, I just changed the plugs last week and I did a tranny fluid & filter change. The only other thing you want to keep an eye on, in addition to changing your oil, is your air filter. For the most part, these are great cars and with a little bit of common sense & maintenance, you should have many years of worry free driving. Happy motoring...:)

jenl2881 04-27-2013 10:36 PM

Thanks! I've heard from some to do plugs, transmission, wires, shocks, and radiator. Then maybe fuel injection and serpentine belt.

southerncomfort 04-27-2013 10:46 PM

struts and shocks are about right for 75,000 miles.....also did both 02 sensors...sc

donbrew 04-28-2013 10:04 AM

Don't do the expensive stuff until it is needed. There are tests that are free to have done. Do not think that the "recommended services" that the mechanic hands you are real, they come out of a check list and have no relation to "need".

I don't know what "wires" may need routine replacing on an HHR. I hope that by "radiator" you mean a flush & fill, if so be sure to get DexCool.

You might take a look in the Owner Manual for recommended service intervals. If you need one, they are available online here.

donbrew 04-28-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by southerncomfort (Post 702558)
.....also did both 02 sensors...sc

Why? That is a hell of a lot of money for an item that rarely fails. Send me your cash if you really feel the need to throw it away, I accept PayPal.

cornwalis 05-16-2013 01:27 AM

I got an 06 original battery original struts shocks. Original bearings original o2 sensors original exaust. Lol. And the list goes on. Now what I have changed oil rad fluid. Tranny filter tranny hipresure line. Controll arms tip get moog balljoints and either moog or acdelco. Controll arm reare ruber bushing puck thwir stronger than factory. The garage wont do. They will order new controll arms with the week bushing and crappy ball joint. To the tune of almost 300 each price varies from usa Canada. And the sway bar. Linkage get moogs and grease them often. Moogs are liftime warrenty and they are an issue on many gm cars. Oh and ive got 200thousand kilometers. And running strong oh an my spark pugs I use bosh platnum ytrium +4 love them car runs so much smother. Add a cgs air intake too. Sorry for my rant hope it helps