Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance and Upkeep (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/maintenance-upkeep-50/)
-   -   Kudos to Palm Chevrolet in Ocala (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/maintenance-upkeep-50/kudos-palm-chevrolet-ocala-60451/)

Cliffs51 06-12-2018 03:13 PM

Kudos to Palm Chevrolet in Ocala

First thing this morning I took my new to me 2006 HHR to Palm Chevrolet in Ocala for the ignition recall. 1 hour and 15 minutes later I drove away with a new ignition switch and two new keys. I only got one key when I bought it from the private seller and the key was hard to turn past the unlock to start the car. Now it operates like it should.

Cat Man HHR 06-12-2018 04:06 PM

Amazing after all these years the recall was never done.

Cliffs51 06-12-2018 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR (Post 845846)
Amazing after all these years the recall was never done.

I know. The seller had maintained the car too so I was surprised when he told me he never had it done

whopper 06-12-2018 07:15 PM

Glad they treated you right. :twothumbs:

sleeper 06-12-2018 10:04 PM

Nice to hear of good dealerships. :thumb:

Oldblue 06-13-2018 07:51 AM

Awesome, thanks for posting a good experience with a dealership.

aradmahogany 06-13-2018 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cliffs51 (Post 845858)
I know. The seller had maintained the car too so I was surprised when he told me he never had it done

Gotta always be wary and learn what the sellers definition of "maintained" means. Most used Honda's on the market come with recent engine and transmission replacements within the past 3,000 miles!!! :propeller::propeller:

Now a days, aside from us who care, the HHR is mostly an older "throw away" vehicle at this point to the general population. Luckily, they can take a good amount of abuse before giving in.

Cliffs51 06-13-2018 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by aradmahogany (Post 845913)
Gotta always be wary and learn what the sellers definition of "maintained" means. Most used Honda's on the market come with recent engine and transmission replacements within the past 3,000 miles!!! :propeller::propeller:

Now a days, aside from us who care, the HHR is mostly an older "throw away" vehicle at this point to the general population. Luckily, they can take a good amount of abuse before giving in.

The seller had detailed maintenance records recorded in the owners manual and he changed oil and all filters regularly. He had already reolaced the shocks and struts and even the control arms, bushings and ball joints as well as both cv joints. It may have been a language thing. He kept the car garaged too.

Oldblue 06-13-2018 03:47 PM

Rear LCA bushings don’t last long.

tiapetra 06-13-2018 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by aradmahogany (Post 845913)

:rof: