Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Replacement passenger side mirror (lens only)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:19 PM

Replacement passenger side mirror (lens only)

Was backing out of our (narrow) single garage and smacked the passenger side mirror.

Didn't break the arm structure, but cracked the lens. Have struggled finding a replacement without buying the whole assembly. Anybody have a source?

Perhaps a junk yard is my best option for less than $20...
Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 PM

Safelite Auto Glass or any auto glass place. That's what I did when I broke the mirror on my Buick.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Platinum Member

Lots of options for glass only..

http://www.google.com/search?q=HHR+o...rlz=1I7GGLL_en
Old 03-26-2011, 09:06 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.

Looks like ~$25 w/ shipping is the best I can do from

http://www.wheelskin.com/burcomirror...irror=BUR-5161

and

http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/inde...layCatalogid=0
Old 03-26-2011, 09:25 PM

I know how you feel! I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and was parked on a side street. A marching band came by and one of the bass drummers hammers accidently smacked my passenger side mirror and destroyed the glass and popped the body color capping off of the front side. Luckily that cap wasn't damaged so I could just pop it right back on. When I got home, I checked the service manual. You can buy the replacement mirror already mounted onto the backing plate as an assembly. The GM part number is 15281724 for the 2010 SS passenger side. The cost is $21.23 list from the Chevy dealer. To install it, you move the mirror by hand to the lowest tilt position (bottom in, top out), put masking tape accross the top of the housing, then using a body trim panel tool with the fork over the notch on the back side of the mirror, you pry the top of the mirror glass OUTWARDS toward the rear of the car. It will pop off in your hands. When you re-install the replacement, you use a rubber sanding block to apply the pressure to snap the new one back in place. DO NOT use your hands use the sanding block to keep the mirror flat. If you flex it by pushing unevenly with your hands, you will crack the replacement mirror. What I would recommend is that you buy the replacement mirror piece first, inspect the back side so you understand how it snaps on with the little barbs and then you can remove the old one and put on the new one. Good Luck. I drove back home 700 miles looking through a disco ball mirror. Write down you VIN and go see the parts guy at your dealer.