Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, VA

Great Lakes HHRs Decals?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 PM

Great Lakes HHRs Decals?

Ok, for example, SoCal HHRs have stickers, wouldn't it be cool if we had something like that too that we could put on ours, like Great Lakes HHRs? Or something.

I dunno. Just a suggestion. I think it would be cool! What does anyone else think?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:20 PM

I think that's a really good idea. If people are interested in something, I could see what I could come up with. I am a designer, so it's pretty much what I do. Or if others want to throw their hat into the ring we could make it a collaborative.

Even if you don't have the skills you could sketch what you think is cool on a piece of paper, scan it, or even take a digital photo, and i could make it into a usable file.

For production, we could look into have a shop make them, many different websites that do it as well, or if we all chipped in (although we would have to decide on a color) we could buy a roll of vinyl, and I could cut it. I have a cutter at work begging me to use it.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:23 PM

Just did a quick search for where I was going to buy some vinyl and for about $20 we could get 2 different colors and the application tape (although if I talk to a sign shop, might be able to get that part cheaper). So if 20 people were interested, at $1 a sticker, we could get all set up. More people = less money or more colors choices.

Unity is always a good thing so we match, but we could have 2 or 3 different designs as well, whatever we want.

Also, since i don't want a profit at all, hopefully I would not have to be a vendor to do this...

20 different color choices of vinyl, 3 mil, self adhesive, 6 year durability.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:43 AM

Good idea, I'm in...I'll think about a design, too!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:07 AM

GO for it! I sure enjoy my participation with our SoCal HHR's. Getting the sticker was an honor and I proudly display it. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Good Luck.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 AM

can we say windshield banner. id go for that. lets see some designs first
Old 03-10-2009, 07:32 AM

i don't know if everyone would go for windshield banners, since it is a larger item, Personally I wouldn't want one. Could do it as more of a one off item and it would just use up a lot more vinyl.

The less technically complicated logos will have a better chance, just because if I am doing it I will be weeding these by hand, and I don't really want to peel 100's of little pieces off of every one.

Then we just gotta figure out what it would be called. Just a shortened Name, or if we want a tag line with it.

Great Lakes HHRs (which i like this a lot)

GLH

GLHHRs

Great Lakes HHRs
Welcomes to our H.O.M.E.S.
(don't know if anyone gets that? the way you learns all of the lakes in elementary school. Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior...)

Something to do with the lakes though would be good since that is part of the name. It just then spotlights michigan a bit as long as the other neighboring states don't mind.

Does socal have a few different kinds? I know they have the one with the line drawing of the hhr and the surfboard on top, but then also the iron cross?

Here some great lakes inspiration, this is a poster by a designer that has done some other famous ones.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:55 AM

I think we have to keep the longer name (Great Lakes HHRs) or we will be the only ones to understand the decals...onlookers will be like...huh? Would be cool to incorporate the lakes drawing, but it's rather an awkward shape, don't think it would make an attractive silhouette, but who knows.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by jeffs396
Would be cool to incorporate the lakes drawing, but it's rather an awkward shape, don't think it would make an attractive silhouette, but who knows.
Agreed, i always forget how big Surperior is...

Agreed also on the name, it's like those white ovals with the black letters that are basically everywhere, i don't know what any of those are...
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 AM

Wow...didn't expect this topic to thrive overnight while I was sleeping!!!

First off, I'm glad there is so much interest!!!

Secondly, I agree with the name, I think that should be in there. I also think we should keep the sticker relatively smallish, because I doubt everyone will want a sticker that covers their entire window. Also with the banners, I agree and think that should be on a one by one basis, since I don't think there would be too much interest to pay to make a bunch of them.

As far as making them, there is a guy in my neighborhood that runs a decal shop that I'm sure could make it too, if we just took him a design (if you didn't want to do it twisterman). Not saying you can't If you want to make them, go for it! I just thought I'd let you guys know that I think I would have a place that could make them, but I'd have to see how much he'd charge. If I took in a drawing once we decided I could see, but we can just wait to see what happens when it gets to that stage. I too would obviously not be in this for money, so the same thing would go as twister said...

For now, I think we should get a few decal drawings together, and then we can pick which ones we like, or have more than one (but that might bring the cost up a bit...) I would try to make one, but I'm a terrible drawerer. (yes, i know that's not a word!)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great Lakes HHRs Decals?