Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, VA

new to the forum, proud to be here

Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 AM

new to the forum, proud to be here

Hello all
I just purchased a black HHR SS and am new to the forum. coming from Subaru world back to Chevy world! I have owned 3 Subaru's as of late, love them for the all wheel drive, last was a Saab 9-2X aero wagon. since the wagon i have become a wagon guy! I love the extra room for hauling things. When I was looking at cars recently to replace my beloved Aero, I seriously considered a Mazda Speed 3 or another WRX wagon, till I came across the HHR SS. After doing some research, and checking out local lots I came to the conclusion that this is the car I wanted, and I am very happy with my decision!
so a shout out to all you HHR SS owners and I am happy to be a part of the club!
black ss believe to be bone stock, not sunroof (sucks) auto. cant tell if the GM upgrade is on it or not. I do see a sticker on the hood "gm performance group" but dont know if that tells me it is or not. any ideas?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Deceased

to the forum!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new SS......

How many pound of boost will it do ? If it is over 15 it probably has the stg-1
Old 05-22-2013, 09:27 AM

WELCOME from Michigan

Welcome back to Domestics and HHRs.

Bataan Death March, The Japanese forced march of 90,000 to 100,000 American Soldiers and Filipino prisoners of war captured in the Philippines in the early stages of World War II. Starting out from Mariveles, on the southern end of the Bataan Peninsula, on April 9, 1942, they were force-marched 55 miles (88 km) to San Fernando, then taken by rail to Capas, from where they walked the final 8 miles (13 km) to Camp O’Donnell. They were starved and mistreated, often kicked or beaten on their way, and many who fell were bayoneted. Only 54,000 reached the camp 7,000–10,000 died on the way because of Asian cruelty.

Boydie Back in the Saddle....................

Originally Posted by paperboy72
Hello all
I just purchased a black HHR SS and am new to the forum. coming from Subaru world back to Chevy world! I have owned 3 Subaru's as of late, love them for the all wheel drive, last was a Saab 9-2X aero wagon. since the wagon i have become a wagon guy! I love the extra room for hauling things. When I was looking at cars recently to replace my beloved Aero, I seriously considered a Mazda Speed 3 or another WRX wagon, till I came across the HHR SS. After doing some research, and checking out local lots I came to the conclusion that this is the car I wanted, and I am very happy with my decision!
so a shout out to all you HHR SS owners and I am happy to be a part of the club!
black ss believe to be bone stock, not sunroof (sucks) auto. cant tell if the GM upgrade is on it or not. I do see a sticker on the hood "gm performance group" but dont know if that tells me it is or not. any ideas?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.

If you have the Bosch Tmap sensors and the white sticker then it should have the GMTU Stage 1.
(Top sensor circled in red)
Attachment 14671
Attachment 14670

Last edited by firemangeorge; 05-30-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:49 AM

yep thats the sticker under the hood, i will check the sensors. thanks for the help all!
think I was pushing about 20psi when I got on it.
since I am new to the HHR world, what are some of the upgrades/mods. I have searched the sight and see a couple of ideas with tunes and IC upgrades.

are any of the plug in tuners worth the money or just stick with the GM upgrade?
it does have the K&N filter kit on it
Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM

also if I have the GM upgrade tune is it possible to go the trifecta route and, so to speak, write over the gm tune?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member

1st. The K&N filter is nice but has been known to throw a CEL on certain SS's. Kinda of a 50/50 thing on that. Why it does, who knows?
Aftermarket tunes can be a nice upgrade to the GMTU. I've got no experience with those but somebody on this forum will answer in on that.
As far as other mods. Just start reading all you can here. Lots of stuff can be done. Lowering and adding a rear swaybar are some of the more common ones. Upgraded mounts are another.
Lot's of the members here have their mods listed in their signatures and some have some great pictures in their gallery.(the camera icon under their name)
Old 05-22-2013, 12:19 PM

To see what some of the mods we have, best way is to click on our images or the camera to your left. Then you will see them installed.

My mods: Sunvisor, Sunroof, Full moon wheel covers, Running Boards, Hood Scoop, Added rear seat to my Panel, Converted to 4 brake,turn signal, and parking lights in rear, moved backup lights lower in stock reflectors, dechromed rear and added HHR letters to front door, removed rear windshield wipers, and in process of installing wireless rear view camera in wiper hole. Whew...keeps me out of the bars and chasing wild women.

Boydie Misplaced Texan....Back in the Saddle....................

QUOTE=paperboy72;705787]yep thats the sticker under the hood, i will check the sensors. thanks for the help all!
think I was pushing about 20psi when I got on it.
since I am new to the HHR world, what are some of the upgrades/mods. I have searched the sight and see a couple of ideas with tunes and IC upgrades.

are any of the plug in tuners worth the money or just stick with the GM upgrade?
it does have the K&N filter kit on it[/QUOTE]
Old 05-22-2013, 01:18 PM

Cool! thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it! I have been searching around on here for mods and ideas. will keep all up to date as to where I go next with mine!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new to the forum, proud to be here