Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, VA

SE MI... could use a TechII

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 06:09 PM

SE MI... could use a TechII

Howdy!
Anyone from around the SE Michigan area have a TechII I could use to program a couple of key fobs?

I'll likely call to make an appointment with the dealer tomorrow, but it would be great if someone on here could help me out.
Let me know how much, when and where!
Look forward to hearing from you.
God's blessings.
Smitty
Old 10-31-2016, 06:16 PM
Technical Moderator

A good locksmith could do it.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:51 PM

I was hoping I could do it with a SnapOn MODIS... but nope...
Old 10-31-2016, 08:35 PM
Technical Moderator

Somebody that knows how to use MODIS should be able to do it. Not all people that have a Tech2 know how.

Here is a how-to with a Tech2; I assume it is a similar procedure. You do need the CANDI adapter either way.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...tech-ii-53547/
Old 11-01-2016, 06:24 AM

[QUOTE=donbrew;813576]Somebody that knows how to use MODIS should be able to do it. QUOTE]
My MODIS does not have the capability.
Smitty
Old 11-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Technical Moderator

Get the CANDI adapter.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Beware of fakes! See page two of this link

http://acdelcotechconnect.com/pdf/imtn_V16I209.pdf
Old 11-01-2016, 12:51 PM
Technical Moderator

BTW, do you call SE Michigan mid-east? I don't think you can see the Atlantic ocean from anywhere in Michigan.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
BTW, do you call SE Michigan mid-east? I don't think you can see the Atlantic ocean from anywhere in Michigan.
I don't call SE Michigan "Mid East," but whoever set up the perimeters on the discussion board does.

I took the HHR to the dealership today to get the key fobs programmed. I had called and the service manager said it would be no big deal, 15-20 mins and $40.00, he'd have it done while I wait... no appointment necessary.

So after they had my 40 bucks, I stepped outside to check out the operation of my key fobs, low and behold... the Rear Door releases were not working by the key fob.
I went back in and brought the service manager out to look at it... He told me that he had never seen one that would open the doors, if it was supposed to work, then it would have worked after they programmed them. Maybe the aftermarket key fobs are just no good, but most likely, the car just doesn't have that technology...

So I left, and did a search again on line, and looked at the owners manual for my car. I found a post on here that someone else had the same problem with the dealership, that they were unaware that the key fob was supposed to be able to pop the doors open on the panel. I called the dealer back, and the service manger acted like he knew that all along, and that it would cost $90 to make that work. I asked if that meant $50 more, since I already gave them $40? He replied "No, it's $40 to program the key fobs, and it's $90 to program the BCM to make the rear door release work."

These guys are nuts. Sure would like to find a friend with the right tools to by-pass the dealer on this one.

Smitty
Old 11-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Technical Moderator

That is an odd definition of mid east!

Here is one TSB for your panel, not what you need: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...e2/#post345279

Here is a good explanation of the mechanical operation: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...missing-46720/

The panel also has a relay under the hood on the driver side wheel well, I think that is for the hatch.

Can you open the rear cargo doors?

You should be able to see the poppers!

One of the problems is that Mitchell1, which is usually identical to the GM shop manual, either does not cover the side cargo doors on the panel or it's there and I can't find it. In wiring diagrams all it has is "except for panel".

There were no poppers on 2007 models, I don't know what date they were added, could be some 2008 don't have them. Some people say that the "spring action" of the weather strip is what pops them.

I found something!
Attached Thumbnails SE MI... could use a TechII-panelcirc.png   SE MI... could use a TechII-2010rd.png  
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: SE MI... could use a TechII