Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

I need to lift the car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Technical Moderator

Read the rest of the web pages: https://www.spaccer.com/en_US/suppor...on-travel.html

The HHR only has a few inches of travel to begin with. Take away much and leave all of your dental work on the road.

NONE of these crazy ideas will do anything for cargo capacity. I have carried close to a ton without bottoming out. Most of what determines cargo capacity is brakes and, not suspension HEIGHT.

The difference between a 3/4 ton truck and a 1 ton truck is the brakes and the wheels/bearings.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Administrator

That will not change the space you need to get those tires to fit your HHR, yes it will lift the vehicle and change the distance of the fender lip to the outside of the tire but not the inside of the tire to the bottom spring plate in the struts.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Read the rest of the web pages: https://www.spaccer.com/en_US/suppor...on-travel.html

The HHR only has a few inches of travel to begin with. Take away much and leave all of your dental work on the road.

NONE of these crazy ideas will do anything for cargo capacity. I have carried close to a ton without bottoming out. Most of what determines cargo capacity is brakes and, not suspension HEIGHT.

The difference between a 3/4 ton truck and a 1 ton truck is the brakes and the wheels/bearings.
Im in the dental trade so no worries stay put my work is ending soon (next week i hope) i will show You the results

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
... I would not allow my father to waste time and money on a project that was doomed from the start.
This is my father in law... The thing is that he will not give me the car if its not finished i dont have much to say about that, so i cant agrue with him cause he payed for the vagon so technicly its his for now, i have to sell my old PT CRUISER and till this time it his toy, hes a hard man to argue with.