Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

Paint surround part of spedo cluster?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 01:48 AM

Paint surround part of spedo cluster?

removal instructions to add paint to cluster surround?
I had a company do mine should have watched now I would like to add paint to the surround part of the speedometer.
little help anyone...
jeff
Transformer HHR
Old 08-25-2011, 02:07 AM
Deceased

OK Jeff, I salvaged this from a thread dating to 2006, here's a written "how to" from RUDEINC.

Ok, here is how you remove the cluster: (well at least how he did it)

1. Remove 2 screws that are on the upper part of the trim piece that holds in the cluster. Set them aside.

2. Open the center compartment on top the dash and take out the two screws that hold the compartment in. Remove compartment and set aside. Use to hold the screws and bolts you will remove.

3. Pry back the top part of the trim piece that holds the radio on. This will expose the two bolts that hold part of the dash on that need to be removed. Remove them. Set them aside.

4. That is all the screws and bolts that need to be removed on the dash. Now gently start pulling up on the dash just enough to loosen around the cluster.

5. At this point the trim piece around the cluster is ready to be removed. Gently pull the piece toward you until the clips release. (mine was pretty much already falling out already but yours may be different)

6. After removing the trim there should be two exposed bolts, one on each lower corner of the cluster. Remove them and set aside.

7. Now take the cluster and gently pull it toward you and carefully flip it face down to expose the wiring harness and plug. You have to push the release tab on the side of the grey latch that is on the plug. The grey latch is now ready to be pushed down which causes the plug to "pop out" of rear of the cluster.

8. Carefully remove cluster from the opening. Make sure tilt wheel is all the way down it will give you a little more wiggle room.

I didn't find any "how to" pics to go with this, maybe someone will find a set under a rock that I missed.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:15 AM

Thanks, sound's pretty easy tomarrow's project.
Jeff