Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

steering wheel swap

Old 06-27-2012, 07:24 PM

steering wheel swap

Wanting to put a SS wheel in my LS Panel but all I can find is ones without center cover. Now I'd really like to have just that one SS badge on my panel as it was common practice back in the day to put a SS steering wheel in our Chevy rods. I by no means plan on putting SS badges on the exterior, that's just bold face lying.
But more than anything I want it for the leather and smaller diameter. I'm guessing the airbag is why I'm not finding any with center cover.
Does anyone know if the standard cover will fit the SS wheel?
Does anyone have a complete preferably gray or black one you would part with?

David
Old 06-28-2012, 03:25 PM

If I remember correctly I was told the SS Cobalt wheel is the same as the HHR SS wheel, smaller diameter and leather, which is what I purchased for my LS Panel. No problems installing the wheel and my airbag snapped right into place. I beleive, but dont hold me to this, you would have to purchase an SS airbag. You may be able to purchase an SS airbag emblem to replace yours but I dont know how they attach.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by VinceP
If I remember correctly I was told the SS Cobalt wheel is the same as the HHR SS wheel, smaller diameter and leather, which is what I purchased for my LS Panel. No problems installing the wheel and my airbag snapped right into place. I beleive, but dont hold me to this, you would have to purchase an SS airbag. You may be able to purchase an SS airbag emblem to replace yours but I dont know how they attach.
Just the answer I wanted to hear.

Thanks