North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

Western NY

Old 07-31-2006, 11:25 AM

Captain, you have no need to worry about newer cars being at the Tonawanda Powertrain car show ... or for that matter, whether your car is in show condition or not: a lot of folks with older cars came to this year's show and displayed cars that would've been laughed out of some of the bigger car shows, right alongside show darlings. I might also add that an HHR contingent would probably be more than welcome, as this year there was the usual Corvette club as well as some stragglers from that Corvair club I mentioned before. When I get the info on next year's show ... be warned it probably won't be until next May at the earliest ... I'll post it.

Oh, and tbird ... if you like the teal, you might have to wait a bit. At the car show there were brochures on the '07 HHR's which stated that the teal color won't be available until mid model year.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:40 AM

I don't think it's that nor'easters don't want to meet, I think it's more of a location problem. The Niagra area of New York is like another country to people like me. Although New York borders Mass, I can get to Maine in a lot less time. Heck, I can get to areas of Pennsylvania in less time. See what I mean? I really think the Captain wants to live in Massachusetts anyway.....
Old 07-31-2006, 01:02 PM

Tonawanda is a quick ride over the River. I'm sure there are a lot
of Hamilton \ Niagara Region HHR members that could \ would make the
run.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:27 PM

I attended the car show this past Saturday at the Tonawanda engine plant. Up until last year, I used to live a few blocks away from the plant. The unique thing about this car show is the engine and transmission assembly demos. They set up a tent outside and assemble and disassemble an engine just like on the line. There's also a guy from the Toledo, Ohio transmission plant doing the same with a transmission. They're pretty knowledgeable about the engines and trannys, so you can ask them questions about it.

There's also scale remote control racing, inflatable play eqipment for kids, a band, and other things, all for free.

GM Goodwrench brought along the NASCAR race cars for Dale Jr. and Tony Stewart.

There was also a blown small-block-chevy-powered drag snowmobile. It looked like a small top-fuel dragster with snowmobile treads in the back and skis in the front.

If it were within a reasonable driving distance, I would definitely be interested in a get-together.

Steve
Old 08-07-2006, 12:26 AM

Tonawanda here too..right near Blvd mall....we should all get together sometime at TGI Fridays!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:44 AM

Thumbs up Newbie In East Rochester, NY

Just picked up a 2006 LT! on Saturday after wanting one for some time. Would be interested in a local club/meet on occasion

Glenn
Old 08-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by glenngeb
Just picked up a 2006 LT! on Saturday after wanting one for some time. Would be interested in a local club/meet on occasion

Glenn
Awesome, I'm on the west side in Chili.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:37 PM

Hey Cap'n Pleased to meet you. There is another 2lt over there in Chili as well. I t belongs to an admin I work with. She belongs to the other club.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:39 AM

giant96:

I work right by the Blvd mall, on Ridge Lea road, in one of the office buildings near Citicorp (across the street from Best Buy). I definitely would be interested in a get-together with other local HHR owners.

Steve
Old 08-08-2006, 11:00 PM

yea i work in the same area... may have an hhr soon...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Western NY