North Pacific AK, WA, OR

Oregon HHR's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:14 PM

On the way home from work a couple days ago, two HHR's made a left turn in front of me at a traffic light. I was hoping to see some more following them as I'd love to find a group to travel with in the NW. I was tempted to detour and follow them, but didn't. The first one had custom wheels so I know they had more interest in their car than just transportation.

A metro area HHR club would be great. I'd love to go on some group cruises, but really don't have the time to go about starting a club and keeping it going.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:05 PM

Hello Oregon and Washington HHR owners, not sure if any of you are interested in cruising with our club, we started out as a PT club 7 years ago but last year we changed to include all cars. You are more then welcome to join us for the fun and fellwoship, that's what most important. We have a Fall Colors Cruise coming up Saturday 10/24, starting in Hillsboro and heading to the coast. if you are interested please let me know. Happy Cruisin !! ZZRain
Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 AM

Sounds interesting although not sure about the "all cars" thing. Part of the fun of touring as a group is having people notice that you're a group. A group of PT Crusiers and HHRs is fine as we're both retro vehicles and people can easily make the association. A group of 20 cars with nothing in common is just traffic.

Don't take it the wrong way as I'm really not trying to be negative, just making a general comment about being able to recognize a group.

Don't know your tour plans but....

Wilson River Hwy would be a good route to the coast, less traffic than Hwy 26 and more scenic in my opinion.

Stopping at the forestry center would be good as they have a large parking area, plus free stuff to view.

Of course the Tillamook cheese factory is always a good place for groups to stop and get a ice cream cone.

The Rockaway Beach wayside parking area is right in the middle to town and next to the beach. Not as touristy as Cannon Beach or Seaside, but parking is a lot better if you're trying to park as a group.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:35 AM

Darn, just checked my calendar and see that I can't join your fall color tour.

I'll be going to a swap meet in Woodland California that weekend. The swap meet has nothing to do with HHR's, but will be driving my HHR there.

This will be my longest road trip with my new HHR! Should be around 1300 miles roundtrip. Looking forward to seeing how it does on a longer trip as a 600 mile round trip is the longest I've made so far. Got right at 33mpg on that trip which is pretty good since we have mountain passes to deal with in the NW.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Hello Irontrader, I understand your point and generally speaking we have PT's, 2 HHR's, 1 Scion and 1 Charger in the club so we are pretty much retro style. I invited the HHR's right after they went on the market since we appreciate their design and style also, as you say retro. I hope that some more HHR owners will check out our club and come join us. The club has 3 goals .. meet new friends, have fun and create great memories. Thank you for your comments, hope one day we can meet and add another new friend !!

By the way your path was close, we will be traveling the Wilson River Hwy to Tillamook and then stop at Tillamook Ice Cream and the Blue Heron Cheese Factory and then take the back roads to Pacific City for lunch at the Pelican Brewery and then take some more back roads over to Spirit Mountain where the cruise will end. Right now we have 32 cars signed up so it should be a good crusie !! sorry that you will not be able to join us, when we went to Gold Beach 2 years ago the HHR in the group got right around 32 to 33 miles per gallon, much better then our PT did. :) ... Have a safe trip to California, enjoy the swap meet. Happy Cruisin !!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 PM

ZZRain,

Sounds like a good route and could be a lot of fun. Another HHR to your group would fit right in. Too bad I've got a prior commitment or I'd be there.

Since your group is primarily PT's maybe someone in your group would like some of the pre production PT Cruiser promotional stuff I got from Chyrsler before it went on sale. I think I kept it somewhere, but would take some time to see what I can locate.

When is your next group outing?

Does your group have a name?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:07 PM

Thanks Irontrader, after the Cruise on the 24th our next event is our meeting on November 13th and then our Thanksgiving Dinner party on the 21st. Our club name is Tualatin Valley Cruiser Club. Send me an email about the items you mentioned, would be interesting to see what you have. Maybe you can join us another time. Happy Cruisin !!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by ZZRain
Thanks Irontrader, after the Cruise on the 24th our next event is our meeting on November 13th and then our Thanksgiving Dinner party on the 21st. Our club name is Tualatin Valley Cruiser Club. Send me an email about the items you mentioned, would be interesting to see what you have. Maybe you can join us another time. Happy Cruisin !!
ZZ, it is very nice of you to include the HHR's in your club. It is all about enjoying the cars. I wish you the best of luck with your club, maybe we all meet up someday! Todd (Uma)
Old 10-16-2009, 03:47 PM

Hey ZZ RAIN, Looks like you guys have a good bead on what this deal's all about. I'd appreciate being in on the loop for you're upcoming cruises as my wife and I always hit the Oregon coast at least once a year. Unfortunately we just got back from a great trip up to Gold beach and the Rouge river so it'll be spring or so for the next. I'd really like to hook up with you guys. Try to keep us informed
Old 10-16-2009, 06:25 PM

Hello Uma and Bunkie, it would be great to meet up sometime and cruise together !! We are starting to plan our 2010 Vacation Cruise and may be headed your way, not sure yet. May go to Lake Tahoo and then Virginia City and Carson City, just in the consideration stage right now. We missed our 2009 Vacation Cruise due to the economy but really want to do one for 2010. We have been to Victoria BC, Crater Lake, Gold Beach and Coeur D Alene over the past 5 years. Please stay in touch, you are always welcome at any of our events or cruises. If you are in our area some time let me know. Check out our website www.tvccpt.com .. or send me an email at zzrain. It is always great to make new freinds !!! thank you :) ... Happy Cruisin !!

Bunkie send me an email so I can keep in contact with you. thanks ....

Quick Reply: Oregon HHR's?