Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

My HHR was Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 AM

My HHR was Wrecked

Early Thursday evening I was hit in an intersection trying to make a left turn. I won't go into all the details but here are a few pictures. It was a fairly low speed collision but the HHR was busted up pretty good. I was hit by a 2006 Nissan Maxima.

I don't have side impact airbags. My doors front and rear doors could not be opened. The interior cabin is pretty good but the impact did bulge the interior panels a bit.

I will hopefully find out sometime soon if the insurance companies will be fixing it or writing it off. If they fix it I should get it back in about a month or two. Repairs take a long time up here because body shops are extremely booked and tough to schedule work with.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:22 AM

As a fellow silverstone HHR I feel sorry for you. They should be able to fix that. Looks like two new doors and the running board area. You didn't get hurt in the deal did you?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:27 AM

What a bummer! Who is that on the curb looking sad?

Yes body shop work is slow sometimes, like watching paint dry......

sorry now is not the time for jokes, just trying to cheer you up a bit!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:34 AM

I was fine after the crash, my neck was a little sore later on that evening but it felt pretty solid after that. It's a good thing the HHR has 5 star side impact ratings and it's a good thing I had that "customer satisfaction" work done, it may have saved my life

The guy sitting on the curb was the driver that hit me (Maxima driver.) He probably wasn't too sad, his car had no visible damage other than missing paint and stratches and such. He was probably more upset about having to stick around the scene for about an hour while we waited to settle things with the police and wait for a tow truck for my vehicle.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:55 AM

Wow, that sucks. Glad to hear you're OK.

As a fellow Calgarian, and fellow Silverstone owner, those photos make me shiver just a little bit.

Where did this happen?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Jeff, it was the intersection at 37th Street and 30th Ave SW. I was turning left from 37th onto 30th and the other driver was stopped on 30th and when the intersection cleared i started turning and he started to go through as well because he said he didn't see me in the intersection.

Gotta wait on GSL Chev to have a look at it and provide a quote and get the decision from the insurance company.

I'm picking up my rental car tonight, hopefully it's something sweet.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM

Maybe it will be a SS
Old 08-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Ouch! I'm also a silver owner in Calgary. We're multiplying...lol. Sorry about your car. I've got three tiny paint chips in my driver door and I'm upset, I think I'd be in tears for days if that happened to my baby. Glad you weren't hurt bad and hopefully all goes well with the insurance.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:29 PM

Hey Mike, glad that you are OK.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:37 PM

Just glad you're okay, the car is a lot easier to fix!

Quick Reply: My HHR was Wrecked