Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Picture & Media (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/picture-media-11/)
-   -   Sunrise over The Susquehanna with the HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/picture-media-11/sunrise-over-susquehanna-hhr-57357/)

HHR 2.0 07-28-2016 08:21 AM

Sunrise over The Susquehanna with the HHR

10 Attachment(s)
Hey Forum,

I decided to update my gallery by taking pictures of my updated HHR. I took some pictures of the Sunrise along the Susquehanna River. The city in the distance is Harrisburg. I know alot of my shots are similar angles but I was trying to work around it. Any suggestions for scenery? I try to find interesting places for backgrounds but I dont have much luck. I know in Photography they say to shoot opposite of the sun because it brightens up the picture so the last photo I threw in there because I like how the sun bounces off the curves.

donbrew 07-28-2016 08:24 AM

3-MILE? Nice view from the airport.
I get a little confused; in my neighborhood there is a 4-mile fork AND 5-mile fork.

Did you forget to cut n' paste?

HHR 2.0 07-28-2016 08:39 AM

Hey Donbrew,

Are you referring to 3 Mile Island? If so that is about 32 minutes away from me. I looked up the 4 and 5 mile fork you were talking about, It's interesting to have that in a town. I'm not sure as to what you were referring to when you said cut and Paste.

DwRed2LT 07-28-2016 09:31 AM

Nice pics :thumb:

HHR 2.0 07-28-2016 09:56 AM

Thanks DwRed2LT, I appreciate the comment :)

donbrew 07-28-2016 09:58 AM

When I wrote that the pics were not in your post, we may have been typing simultaneously.

The first time I drove through Harrisburg 3-Mile Island snuck up on me; I never thought of it as being so close to the city. Ours is isolated from the cities, I'm just outside the siren zone, by a mile.

The problem here is that 5 mile fork is just a sign on the road, everybody calls it Chancellorsville after the Civil War battlefield that is 5 miles west, and is misnamed after "the Chancellor House". It is were Stonewall Jackson turned onto Old Plank road to get to the battle, and his mortal wounding. End of history lesson, it will be on the quiz.

Nice pix now that I can see them!

Oldblue 07-28-2016 10:02 AM

Nice pictures! Neat HHR!

DwRed2LT 07-28-2016 03:01 PM

Your Welcome Hhr 2.0 !!

HHR 2.0 07-28-2016 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 808528)
When I wrote that the pics were not in your post, we may have been typing simultaneously.

The first time I drove through Harrisburg 3-Mile Island snuck up on me; I never thought of it as being so close to the city. Ours is isolated from the cities, I'm just outside the siren zone, by a mile.

The problem here is that 5 mile fork is just a sign on the road, everybody calls it Chancellorsville after the Civil War battlefield that is 5 miles west, and is misnamed after "the Chancellor House". It is were Stonewall Jackson turned onto Old Plank road to get to the battle, and his mortal wounding. End of history lesson, it will be on the quiz.

Nice pix now that I can see them!

Hmm, I was changing out a few so that's probably why they didn't show up.
Yep it sure does come up on you. There are a few bridges over the river where 3 Mile Island is visible. I shall make a cheat sheet!

HHR 2.0 07-28-2016 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue (Post 808529)
Nice pictures! Neat HHR!

Thanks Oldblue :thumb: