Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:04 PM

help

so check it out we got a 2006 hhr LT2
today my wife thinks she left the lights on all day at work
she works 12 hour days , she walks out to the car and trys to start the car with remote start with no luck so she uses the keys to get in and try to start the car and nothing happen and she couldnt get the key out either , had to read the owners book to see how to get the key out , she got the key out locked the car and ask someone for a jump start i guess they tried to jump it under the hood first , she got in , they hooked up the cables and when she turned the key everything came on even the car alarm was going off , she then i guess freaked out like most girls around cars sorry cant help lol and turn the key back off and tried again but this time Nothing happen at all..
so she had to leave the car at work i asked her if she could open the back up and she said no... i dont know if the battery is fully dead or did she mess up the alarm some how anyways she will be calling the dealer in the morning i just hate leaving our car there all night . i saw another post on here somewhere where someone said you could reset the alarm and should i try jumping the real battery in the back ?? and did maybe she blow a fuse..
thanks for your time nothing but love for the HHR
Old 02-21-2007, 10:22 PM

Rick, it definitely sound like something could have blown. The terminal under the hood that appears to be the ground, is not. Several people have reported similar problems due to using it to try and jumpstart the HHR. My first thought would be to let your dealer look at it.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:29 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by KNEZRYD
Rick, it definitely sound like something could have blown. The terminal under the hood that appears to be the ground, is not. Several people have reported similar problems due to using it to try and jumpstart the HHR. My first thought would be to let your dealer look at it.
Sounds like some sound advice!!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:31 PM

well i dont know she cant even a good answer if the guy who jumped it did it the way she told him to do , so i guess i can't pull out the magic stick and fix myself then heh , oh well
Old 02-21-2007, 10:42 PM

after showing her the owners book online she can now say for sure that they jumped it right . negative was on the bolt on strut tower..
she got power to lights and everything else for some reason she keeps telling me the cd came out of the player lol anyways we will have to wait on this one i guess i hate leaving our HHR in the parking lot grrrrrr
Old 02-21-2007, 10:46 PM
jx3

Have you tried the 2nd key? There have been many here that have disconnected the battery to do mods and have not been able to get it started until they tried the second key. Something to do with the "codes".

(dead battery = disconnected)
Old 02-21-2007, 10:47 PM

try this post for ideas, it has happened on a few https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...highlight=jump
Old 02-21-2007, 11:06 PM

thanks for that link great info on there.. and we didn't get two keys
and i saw something in that post about how jumping the hhr can mess up the program on the key .. so i am hoping thats it damn new cars nothing like the old school days lol
thanks all this is the best forum ever ... and i know it cause all us HHR owners are damn Kool !!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM

Talking

I don't have any ideas on how to solve your problems...sorry 'bout that.
HOWEVER, I would like to say that your ride looks HOT!!!!! NICE RIMS!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:56 PM

yo thanks 2inch lower kit and sitting on 20inch rims with low profile tires
hoping to put new air intake on this summer and some video moniters