Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Cruise and info stop workin

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 PM

Cruise and info stop workin

Hey all , i did the steering wheel radio mod on my 08 Panel.Everything went together with no problems.Started up the panel and the radio control on the steering wheel works great But the Cruise and the info stop working. So i took the airbag/horn off again and rechecked my connections all was good. Try again, still no cruise or info .So i reinstalled the orginal harness and the cruise and info works perfect. Need some Help please Thanks Ric
Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 AM

I'd say that your parts swapping indicates that either the replacement harness or cruise switch is at fault.Try switching just one of those two components again and see if things change.If the functions start working,there's your problem.If not,then it has to be the other piece.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by ZTony8
I'd say that your parts swapping indicates that either the replacement harness or cruise switch is at fault.Try switching just one of those two components again and see if things change.If the functions start working,there's your problem.If not,then it has to be the other piece.
Is there a different harness for the 08 .I purchased the 07 harness and radio switches.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 AM
ecl

they should all be the same. I purchase one of ebay and every thing work just fine not sure what year it was off, but mines an 08. Make sure nothings getting pinched I heard some one had problems with that. other wise I would say you have a bad harness.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:46 AM

check out the pinouts on the cruise side of the harness against the new harness and I think you will find the wires connect differently. Just compare the color codes from one to the other. You need to change the new harness to match the existing. Additionally, you may need to change out 1 and 4 on the radio side, swapping them around. This worked on my 08.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by jdmcomp
check out the pinouts on the cruise side of the harness against the new harness and I think you will find the wires connect differently. Just compare the color codes from one to the other. You need to change the new harness to match the existing. Additionally, you may need to change out 1 and 4 on the radio side, swapping them around. This worked on my 08.
Exactly.......

Cajun
Old 09-28-2008, 12:08 PM

Check post # 478 of this thread https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...t=1912&page=48
Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 PM

Thanks guys for the info
Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by jdmcomp
There is no swapping pins if you order the 08 harness and SW radio buttons to match.My buddy at Chevrolet dealer told me he ordered the 1st harness and buttons for a 06-07 which does not work without doing some swapping.He ask for the last 8 digits of my VIN# .And then it took awhile to get the new harness and buttons but everything works great