Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Dead battery problems (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/dead-battery-problems-37781/)

J W Davis 10-23-2011 04:19 PM

Dead battery problems

Never ever had a battery problem with this 08 2lt. Last night wife left something on, I guess and the car was dead this morning. I charged the battery at the correct spot under the hood for about an hour or two till it was at almost full chatge. Car started just fine, now the key fobs and the tire pressure system does not work nor the remote start.

What do I have to do to correct all this now. Never had any problems like this before after 58k miles.

I guess I will have to go see my Service manager again, he may not remember me cause it has been sooo long! Ha! ;)

Old Lar 10-23-2011 04:38 PM

The battery died on my 06 this past spring. I recharged it and took it to my mechanic and found nothing amiss initially, but after they put a load on it the battery would no longer hold a charge. I had several idiot lights on and the key fob also failed. A new battery and all the codes cleared...no more issues.

Greybeard999 10-23-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by J W Davis (Post 596555)
Never ever had a battery problem with this 08 2lt. Last night wife left something on, I guess and the car was dead this morning. I charged the battery at the correct spot under the hood for about an hour or two till it was at almost full chatge. Car started just fine, now the key fobs and the tire pressure system does not work nor the remote start.

What do I have to do to correct all this now. Never had any problems like this before after 58k miles.

I guess I will have to go see my Service manager again, he may not remember me cause it has been sooo long! Ha! ;)

From what I've read there is a problem with the 2008 models that causes them to "lose their minds" after a dead battery, I think it's a trip to the dealer time....

J W Davis 10-23-2011 05:54 PM

Thanks for the reply's, I was hoping for a quick fix but looks like I'll be going to the dealer tomorrow morning. Not the way I had planned to spend my vacation week.

843de 10-23-2011 05:56 PM

Take heart, if your dealer is on the ball, its a simple and quick fix.

J W Davis 10-23-2011 06:17 PM

Dealer is never a problem, my problem is not looking at the new cars while I'm there! Last time I was in for service I bought a Camaro SS while I was waiting, but very happy anyway.:nuts:

843de 10-23-2011 06:39 PM

I have that problem too, but the last time I came home with a Dodge Challenger...I know, shock/horror/disbelief:eek:

I don't fit in the new Camaro, no headroom and I'm only 5' 11 3/4" tall...not exactly a giant by any means.

J W Davis 10-23-2011 06:46 PM

Well I'm 6 foot 1 inch and have no problem in the Camaro but realize that everyone is different with legg length. I have been trying to talk the wife into taking the Camaro for me so I can get a new ZL1!

Pray for me tomorrow, as I still have a "perma-grin" on after 1 and half years in the Camaro. Please?:lol:

843de 10-23-2011 06:49 PM

Its always nice to have a car or truck that gives you a "perma-grin", all of mine do, its just that the SS and the Challenger are faster than stink off a skunk while doing it.:smile:

sleeper 10-24-2011 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 596585)
I have that problem too, but the last time I came home with a Dodge Challenger...I know, shock/horror/disbelief:eek:

843- There was a new Dodge Challenger at this last Car Show. So we had the chance for a good look-see..

That is one Sweet Ride.. Wifey & I both dug it..Mopar did their homework on the whole package from what we saw !!!! :twothumbs: I like it's looks better than the Camaro.