Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Had a Boost problem and fixed it.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:55 AM

Had a Boost problem and fixed it.

The Lower Piping had a vacuum nipple on it and was broke so I cut it off and drilled out the hole to fit a metal fitting and it works like a charm. Kinda suck when you're driving on the freeway and you hav no boost. It also suck working on a hot car. I now have to find time to take it to the dealer to get it fixed. A
Old 06-10-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
The Lower Piping had a vacuum nipple on it and was broke so I cut it off and drilled out the hole to fit a metal fitting and it works like a charm. Kinda suck when you're driving on the freeway and you hav no boost. It also suck working on a hot car. I now have to find time to take it to the dealer to get it fixed. A
Where does the Vaccume line go? Is it engine or emissions related? Honestly if it does not affect anything major, its probably fine. I would think you would have a leak, but no boost at all!?

Only time I have seen that is when a buddy with a aftermarket power pipe had it come off completely, the car fell on it's face, getting un-metered air. That sucked on a Saturday night in a dark parking lot with no tools.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:48 PM

the hose that's near the TMAP on the lower IC piping. It broke a while ago so I thought I would glue it back but the glue doesn't like 112 deg heat. It lost all boost and I looked and it was off so I drilled it out and it works like a champ.
Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Where does the Vaccume line go? Is it engine or emissions related? Honestly if it does not affect anything major, its probably fine. I would think you would have a leak, but no boost at all!?

Only time I have seen that is when a buddy with a aftermarket power pipe had it come off completely, the car fell on it's face, getting un-metered air. That sucked on a Saturday night in a dark parking lot with no tools.