Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Hello, and keyless entry issue (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/hello-keyless-entry-issue-8504/)

vcalcaterra 06-05-2007 09:14 AM

Hello, and keyless entry issue

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum, I have a 2006 HHR LT which I just bought used. So far I'm very
pleased with the car with one glaring exception. The car did not come with the keyless
entry remote control. I went to a dealer and purchased one and asked them to set it up
with my car. The service person was unable to set it up with their usual method. He asked
me to leave the car with them and they would do a little research and try to get it programmed. They later called me to say that this car had had the remote entry function
deleted!! Apparently this car was purchased originally by a rental company that specified
they did not want that function!!! :(

My question is, can this function be reinstated by an EPROM change or by some form
of reprogramming??
It was beyond the ken of the dealership, but having spent a lot of my
adult life writing code, I beleve this should not be a difficult task.

Thanks for any insights on this, and for having this forum.

-vince :usa:

solman98 06-05-2007 09:34 AM

SOmethings with the BCM can be changed easily, some can't. This seems like it would be an easy task. Don't trust the service writer. My mother recently bought an 06 Cobalt LS and wanted cruise added. The service writer at her local dealership told her al kinds of crap including new BCM. Well low and behold bough the unit online ($155) and had it installed and programmed at a local shop that had Tech II capabilities and they charged $75. Just do a little research.

JESSE 06-05-2007 10:02 AM

Hey Welcome to the site. Check out the regional section for local events. What part of VA?

vcalcaterra 06-05-2007 10:15 AM

Thanks, I will check it out.
I'm near Springfield in Burke VA.

-vince

vcalcaterra 06-05-2007 10:16 AM

Thanks for the hope. I will do some more research.

-vince

HillsdaleHHR 06-05-2007 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 41165 to the site!!!

TomsHHR 06-05-2007 09:53 PM

Welcome to the site. Don't forget to fill us in on your color and model.
We all hope you get a speedy find to the keyless issue.

Oh, and pics, we all crave pics as you will find out..

hhrcrafty 06-05-2007 10:35 PM

Keyless delete on a rental is common. I'd just have an aftermarket one installed locally before I messed around with the BCM. They can be cantankerous devices.

Black Beauty 06-06-2007 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty (Post 156166)
Keyless delete on a rental is common. I'd just have an aftermarket one installed locally before I messed around with the BCM. They can be cantankerous devices.

I second this comment, BUT, if your ride came stock, no keyless entry, I`d just leave it be.
You`ll have one unique from the others, an un-mod, if you will.:D

oneton 06-06-2007 07:09 AM

welcome; Rental do not come with remote start but you can still have keyless. You need a keyfob that is for without remote start then have it programmed to your car. If that dealer can't do it go to a dealer that can. Just tell them that it was a rental without remote start so they get the right keyfob.