Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

I need serious help with my HHR

Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Unhappy I need serious help with my HHR

1. My a/c stop working normal over a year ago. When I turn the blower on high, that is the only time the air blows. When I drive on the freeway, the air blows most of the time cold. However, when I drive on the street, the a/c blows hot air.

2. Last week, I was driving on the freeway and all of a sudden the car completely quit on me. I was pressing on the gas, and the car wasn't going anywhere. I pulled over to the side of the road and turned the car off. Once I started the car up again, it was running, but the car jerked really hard every time the transmission changed gears. I have not driven the car since.

3. Every time I get my oil changed, it still tells me that I need to change my oil. Is there a reset button or something?

4. The remote control stopped working on me for the second time. I had to replace the first remote after 60,000 miles. I replaced the battery but it didn't help. Is this normal?

2007 HHR 1LT
109,000 Miles
Please help me if you have any ideas or suggestions.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:13 PM

For #3 there is a reset process, I think the quickest way is to turn the key to on and press the gas pedal 3 times that should reset you oil life%.
For #4 did you notice if the battery clip was attached to the circuit board at both points? From my experience these remotes seem to be very prone to having these clips pop out. You can fix that with a soldering iron, I bought one at radio shack pretty cheap.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 AM

for the blower motor it sounds like you need to replace the blower motor risistor. i would check the ac charge for not blowing cold on the side steets. and for your hard shifting get the codes checked sounds like the car was in a lip-in mode.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:33 PM

For the blower motor, check the cabin air filter behind the lower glove box. Mine had a water leak that bogged the filter and caused it to not flow any air. quick 5 minute fix, but not cheap. the only place i could find a replacement cabin air filter was the stealership, for $36. As for the remote, both of mine have failed, with the battery clip seperating from the chip board. Resetting the oil change lite is as nss79 said, turn the key on, press the gas pedal 3 quick times and it should reset. Good to see over 100k on an HHR, mine has 33k and is a 2006.

Search this Thread