Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Key fob not working... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/key-fob-not-working-41026/)

AC66Bronco 05-23-2012 07:45 AM

I don't have a lock issue per say but I do have a FOB issue.

Every once in a while my key fob wont want to work on my '10 SS. Other times it works perfect. Is this a known issue?

SmootHHR 05-23-2012 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by AC66Bronco (Post 645682)

Every once in a while my key fob wont want to work on my '10 SS. Other times it works perfect. Is this a known issue?

I'm running into this recently. My wife's fob doesn't work at all, even after the solder fix.

ChevroletCustomerService 05-23-2012 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by AC66Bronco (Post 645682)

Your local dealership should be able to assist you with the information you are seeking. If you are still under the 36,000 miles on the vehicle, this should be something that is covered under the Bumper to Bumper warranty.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

panelmoxie 05-23-2012 09:58 AM

yes my fobs have both been replaced well after warranty for a huge charge. but they can be soldered. According to my dealer it is not a matter of if but when they will need work. But other than that what a great ride.

Old Lar 05-23-2012 12:22 PM

Battery connection?

AC66Bronco 05-23-2012 02:51 PM

Hmm guess I will look into it. Thanks guys.

And ty for who ever started my own thread :)

843de 05-23-2012 04:49 PM

That was a community effort AC66Bronco, between your humble Moderator(me)and ChevyMgr who is schooling me in "Moderator 101".

It was better to spin you off into a separate thread to open it up for discussion and move it into a better area on the forum.

donbrew 05-23-2012 05:18 PM

I think that I remember that the '10 SS has the "extended" remote, that means an antenna mounted on the right rear window that could get mucked up by overzealous window cleaning, or if not that then a dealer probably needs to pull the headliner down to check connections then reprogram the RCDLR.

AC66Bronco 05-24-2012 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 645788)
That was a community effort AC66Bronco, between your humble Moderator(me)and ChevyMgr who is schooling me in "Moderator 101".

It was better to spin you off into a separate thread to open it up for discussion and move it into a better area on the forum.

Me Gusta.

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 645802)
I think that I remember that the '10 SS has the "extended" remote, that means an antenna mounted on the right rear window that could get mucked up by overzealous window cleaning, or if not that then a dealer probably needs to pull the headliner down to check connections then reprogram the RCDLR.

Hmmm. The only "extended" remote I have ever heard of was the 2 way one for the remote start. Seeing as mine is a 5 speed I don't think I have that but I could be wrong.

AC66Bronco 05-24-2012 09:51 AM

Just popped open onf of my FOBs.. Solder joints are fine.