Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Locks and cruise control issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 12:43 AM

Locks and cruise control issues

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get a little help I have a 06 hhr 2.4l. And today when I went to work. I started my car and put it into gear and the door lock as usually dose but when I got to work and put it into park they did not unlock. Then later in the day went to set my cruise control and it doesn't work either. I don't know if they are Connected or not. But I've had no other issues with the vehicle As of late and the cruise control work the other day . Does anyo me gave suggestions

thanks
brian
Old 11-11-2017, 01:29 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully we can point you to a fix or solution.

A couple questions for you to help narrow down the cause:
- how many miles on the car?

- can you confirm that the Check Engine Light is not lit up? If it is lit, you need to get the error codes downloaded and post the numeric code here (the actual code not a verbal description - most auto parts stores will download the coees for you if you do not have a code reader yourself)

- how old is the battery?

- have you checked the battery's status to ensure it is providing the correct voltage and power?

An old battery that is down on voltage often causes various electrical issues such as the ones you are experiencing - pretty much any auto parts store can do a quick, and typically free, test of the battery and charging system.

One thing you can try doing is disconnecting the NEGATIVE connection at the battery for 5 to 10 minutes (not the positive, as that can be dangerous if you short it out to ground).

Quite a few owners have found that disconnecting the power like this clears some electrical problems - some refer to it as doing a lobotomy to reset the Body Control Module as well as the Engine Control Module - similar to rebooting a computer to resolve an error condition.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Technical Moderator

Check you high mounted brake light; if any of the bulbs is out the cruise will not work.

Make sure the locks are set right in the DIC. If you don't have an Owner Manual there is a link in my sig.

X2 on the battery.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by whopper
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully we can point you to a fix or solution.

A couple questions for you to help narrow down the cause:
- how many miles on the car?

- can you confirm that the Check Engine Light is not lit up? If it is lit, you need to get the error codes downloaded and post the numeric code here (the actual code not a verbal description - most auto parts stores will download the coees for you if you do not have a code reader yourself)

- how old is the battery?

- have you checked the battery's status to ensure it is providing the correct voltage and power?

An old battery that is down on voltage often causes various electrical issues such as the ones you are experiencing - pretty much any auto parts store can do a quick, and typically free, test of the battery and charging system.

One thing you can try doing is disconnecting the NEGATIVE connection at the battery for 5 to 10 minutes (not the positive, as that can be dangerous if you short it out to ground).

Quite a few owners have found that disconnecting the power like this clears some electrical problems - some refer to it as doing a lobotomy to reset the Body Control Module as well as the Engine Control Module - similar to rebooting a computer to resolve an error condition.
Originally Posted by Brian Spring
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get a little help I have a 06 hhr 2.4l. And today when I went to work. I started my car and put it into gear and the door lock as usually dose but when I got to work and put it into park they did not unlock. Then later in the day went to set my cruise control and it doesn't work either. I don't know if they are Connected or not. But I've had no other issues with the vehicle As of late and the cruise control work the other day . Does anyo me gave suggestions

thanks
brian

thanks you for the info I will check what I can and get the info you asked for.