Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   My SS is in the shop again (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/my-ss-shop-again-27381/)

Sneezy 12-30-2009 08:33 PM

My SS is in the shop again

The driver door lock does not always work. I left it at the dealer and they ordered a new lock mechanism for it. I should have it back tomorrow.

I must be cursed. My wife too since it all started when she had it last :eek:. I think she hates it as much as I do now. She never wants to drive it anymore.

I hope to get rid of it next year. I don't know if I will hold out for a Volt or go for a Mustang.

:confused:

THE BATMAN 12-30-2009 10:11 PM

I feel your pain. I could get buy with the room in a stang, But only a gt would work. :lol: The mustang for years and years is the car with the most after market parts avaliable. :cool: yay theres a million of them, but theres a million versions and variations to whip up !. :cool:

Sneezy 01-03-2010 08:16 AM

My SS spent at least 12 days in the shop last year and frankly I'm tired of it. It stranded us when we left on vacation, fortunately a block from home.....it's malfunctioned 400 miles from home in a torrential downpour.

I just don't trust the car anymore.

Old Lar 01-03-2010 01:47 PM

Sneezy, I grew up in Johnson City. I feel your pain about having a non reliable car. Was it a used car when you bought it. Did Botnick sell you the car?

I got rid of an 82 LaBaron after 4000 miles because of problems (returned to the dealer). The dealer sold it as a demo car, but a couple of years later the next owner contacted me as they found my name as the first owner and wondered why I got rid of the car. I said I felt the car was a lemon when I had it. That owner had to agree as they had nothing but problems with the car. I did see the LaBaron on a flat bed with the front wheels pointed in opposite directions.

It was a real pretty looking "K" car and a one of a kind as I did a special order for it, however it came through with the wrong engine, so I used the car for a few months until my next car came in. (it had the wrong interior) That was the last time I considered a Chrysler product.

Sneezy 01-03-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Old Lar (Post 433610)
Sneezy, I grew up in Johnson City. I feel your pain about having a non reliable car. Was it a used car when you bought it. Did Botnick sell you the car?

I got rid of an 82 LaBaron after 4000 miles because of problems (returned to the dealer). The dealer sold it as a demo car, but a couple of years later the next owner contacted me as they found my name as the first owner and wondered why I got rid of the car. I said I felt the car was a lemon when I had it. That owner had to agree as they had nothing but problems with the car. I did see the LaBaron on a flat bed with the front wheels pointed in opposite directions.

It was a real pretty looking "K" car and a one of a kind as I did a special order for it, however it came through with the wrong engine, so I used the car for a few months until my next car came in. (it had the wrong interior) That was the last time I considered a Chrysler product.

It was brand new, in fact I had ordered it. Botnick's has been wonderful to me. After a very long episode of problems, they fixed a flat tire free of charge and only charged me $17 to install my winter tires and set the TPMS. I've paid more for a simple tire rotation.

It's to bad, I like the car. I'm going for a Volt or Mustang, can't decide. I'm soured on GM as they had to buy back my Saab (loved the car) for over 20 electrical issues that could not be fixed.

And I'm stuck in Binghamton for life since my business is here :lol: There are worse places to live though!

HS2020 01-04-2010 02:18 PM

Mine is back in the shop again today for the same issue. They can get it right. This is my wifes daily driver and we bought it brand new June 08. Has only 23000 miles on it and it sounds like it has 100,000 miles on it. Sad part is the car is only worth about $11000 max for Trade in.

HS2020 01-05-2010 07:50 PM

Update on my car. Got the lock fixed and while it was there I told them about a knock in the left front. Come to find out the strut and cover is shot and has to be replaced. Is this something to expect from this car all the time? I have a 99 F150 with 126000 miles on it that has only cost me an EGR clean and I put new plugs and wires on it at the 126000 mile mark.

Sheverlay 01-05-2010 08:30 PM

Most of the problems with the HHR's can probably be attributed to them being built in Mexico, with cheap, low-quality parts.

Mine only has 28,000 miles on it, and I am already starting to have problems with it. Every time I hit a bump, the suspension makes a popping noise, the interior panels squeak, the front rotors are bad, making the steering wheel shimmy, and the tranny started making a whining sound this morning. It was a rental car, so this might have a lot to do with it though.

My S-10 is a 2001, and the build quality on it is a big difference from my HHR. I was hoping to keep my HHR for a long time, but I'm not sure it's gonna last that long.:(

Sneezy 01-07-2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sheverlay (Post 433940)
Most of the problems with the HHR's can probably be attributed to them being built in Mexico, with cheap, low-quality parts.

Mine only has 28,000 miles on it, and I am already starting to have problems with it. Every time I hit a bump, the suspension makes a popping noise, the interior panels squeak, the front rotors are bad, making the steering wheel shimmy, and the tranny started making a whining sound this morning. It was a rental car, so this might have a lot to do with it though.

My S-10 is a 2001, and the build quality on it is a big difference from my HHR. I was hoping to keep my HHR for a long time, but I'm not sure it's gonna last that long.:(

I just turned 18K on mine. It's a POS as far as I'm concerned. It's also worth nothing on trade. I'm pretty sure I've bought my last GM car for a while.

Scrivs 01-11-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by HS2020 (Post 433925)
Update on my car. Got the lock fixed and while it was there I told them about a knock in the left front. Come to find out the strut and cover is shot and has to be replaced. Is this something to expect from this car all the time? I have a 99 F150 with 126000 miles on it that has only cost me an EGR clean and I put new plugs and wires on it at the 126000 mile mark.

I have same issue on my 08 SS. 8k miles and the thing is a POS. Going i for strut for second time...replaced a rubber the first time? ....been in 3 times re defective horn that was never actually hooked up, defective clutch sensor, now the tire pressure sensor light and engine light are coming on....it needs snow tires, but I ain't spending a penny on this GM version of a Neon/Tempo. Oh yeah and the second keyless remote doesn't work, so my wife can't drive the car.....garbage