Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

New and Need Help

Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 PM

New and Need Help

I love my Chevrolet HHR and i just got it the first of the yea. Great car .... issue with ignition was fixed by GM. But now, another issue with blower motor. After researching it seems common proble. I not sure if iit's blower motor or simply clogged. Before it went out i got smoke in the cabin. Someone Help!! Gotta get it fixed.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Deceased

I see you have an '06, and they have an issue with water leaks into the dash, those leaks can kill a blower motor or its resistor.

If you haven't read the thread on the leak and how to fix it, click the link below...

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...t-night-14263/

Unfortunately it sounds like you may have "smoked the motor" necessitating its replacement, and it's not a job for the faint hearted. See the link below...

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...r-again-18419/

Give both threads a thorough read, there's some good info, and you may only need a new motor resistor, but the smoke has me concerned.

P.S. to the forum, wish it was under happier circumstances.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by ginik523
I love my Chevrolet HHR and i just got it the first of the yea. Great car .... issue with ignition was fixed by GM. But now, another issue with blower motor. After researching it seems common proble. I not sure if iit's blower motor or simply clogged. Before it went out i got smoke in the cabin. Someone Help!! Gotta get it fixed.
Hey there,

I apologize for this concern, but I hope the information provided for the other threads will be helpful. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me in a private message.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread