Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Oil film on inside of drivers side window (Chevymgr i could use your help!) (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/oil-film-inside-drivers-side-window-chevymgr-i-could-use-your-help-16408/)

xzombiex66 07-04-2008 09:51 PM

Oil film on inside of drivers side window (Chevymgr i could use your help!)

Ok so I started noticing a few weeks ago that the inside of my driver side window has been getting this oily residue on the inside of the window towards the back of it. it even makes a squeak noise sometimes. Well today i notice i have 2 little scratches running horizontal that cam from something inside the door when i had the window half way down, it actually scratched my tint and has ruined it. What could cause a oily residue coming from inside the door? also what would scratch my window inside the door? is it possible something is loose in there causing it to scratch my window, like a bracket or something. What inside the door panel has oil in it? cause i can smell the oil when i rub my finger across it, kinda smells like hydraulic fluid. Any help is much appreciated i will take it to the dealer Monday.

jx3 07-04-2008 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska (Post 285414)
Well today i notice i have 2 little scratches running horizontal that cam from something inside the door when i had the window half way down, it actually scratched my tint and has ruined it. What could cause a oily residue coming from inside the door? also what would scratch my window inside the door?

I wouldn't mind knowing also, as I've had something scratching my driver's window from day 1.

Bet you got nothing over Dory's scratched up tint!:roll:

xzombiex66 07-04-2008 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by jx3 (Post 285416)
I wouldn't mind knowing also, as I've had something scratching my driver's window from day 1.

Bet you got nothing over Dory's scratched up tint!:roll:

Well that makes me feel better that your is worst lol jk, we can compare in Sandusky.

jx3 07-04-2008 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska (Post 285418)
Well that makes me feel better that your is worst lol jk, we can compare in Sandusky.

Hey, do you think D has a trophy for this event?:lol:

xzombiex66 07-04-2008 10:00 PM

Lmao

TomsHHR 07-04-2008 10:08 PM

Could it be you power window motor? it has a small gear box on it, at least most do.

xzombiex66 07-04-2008 10:12 PM

thats what i was thinking, i have had no problems with the window going up or down, and its not loud.

HillsdaleHHR 07-05-2008 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by jx3 (Post 285419)
Hey, do you think D has a trophy for this event?:lol:

Jay, you are a nut :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

EL_REY 07-05-2008 03:50 PM

yea have the same scratching on my front 2 windows...
also on the tint some streak scratch on them...

oh well:roll:

HipHotRod 07-05-2008 03:55 PM

No oil, but definitely some scraping on my 08