Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Passenger Side Blend Door Actuator (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/passenger-side-blend-door-actuator-51029/)

Zala 07-02-2014 01:51 PM

Passenger Side Blend Door Actuator

Hi everyone. I'm new to the group and hope I can find someone with some
Experience with a problem that crept up.

I've had a 2009 HHR since, well 2009. Recently the thumping inside the dash came up. I popped out the glove box and located the source: the actuator to the right of the vent door. It is now stuck in recirculate mode which is fine, but I'd like to replace this part. I received a quote for 700$ and that makes me want to just live with it! The part is less than 50 bucks but I am concerned about reaching the screws that hold the actuator in. Has anyone done the passenger side blend door before? If so, how was getting the old one out and the new one in? Looks pretty tight in there for tools. The mechanic says he'll take the whole dash out but that seems a bit much for a plastic part that goes in under 60k miles.

Thanks!
John
2009 HHR 58k

Lucky 07-02-2014 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the site :smile:

I think you are talking about the recirculation actuator that is number 4 in the picture.

Lucky 07-02-2014 11:13 PM

It looks like the dash has to be removed if it's you need the recirculation actuator.
There is a descant step by step with pic's on the autozone web site if you want to try this project.

Zala 07-08-2014 07:30 AM

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 751856)
Welcome to the site :smile:

I think you are talking about the recirculation actuator that is number 4 in the picture.

It is definitely the one to the far right, attached to the foam covered door. Visible from inside the glove box but hard to get hands in there. Tough choice here.

Zala 07-08-2014 07:31 AM

Thanks

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 751857)
It looks like the dash has to be removed if it's you need the recirculation actuator.
There is a descant step by step with pic's on the autozone web site if you want to try this project.

I'll check their site.

Oldblue 07-08-2014 03:10 PM

you'll need a 5.5 mm socket and a 1/4 inch drive ratchet, I just changed the one on my '03 Sunfire GT, took 10 minutes and some ackward aerobics to get my hand up there!

Zala 07-13-2014 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue (Post 752292)
you'll need a 5.5 mm socket and a 1/4 inch drive ratchet, I just changed the one on my '03 Sunfire GT, took 10 minutes and some ackward aerobics to get my hand up there!

We'll get a chiltons and check it out.

Deborah A 12-27-2014 10:54 PM

Hi. I have a 2007 HHR that makes a clicking noise for the first 5 seconds after starting it under the passenger side air bag. I have taken the glove compartment out and a person at a parts start said it was the blend door actuator. He has an 2007 HHR himself and had the same problem. It sits high up in the dash and am trying to figure the best way to get to it. So far, I have not found anything in Chilton's or by searching on line for videos or diagrams. I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks,
Deborah

Lucky 12-28-2014 12:34 AM

If it's on the far passenger side then your talking about the recirculation Actuator.

Autozones web site has some fairly good step by step diagrams.

Deborah A 12-28-2014 01:58 PM

It sits up high, right under where the passenger air bag sits. The guy at the parts store said it was the blend door actuator because he had one go bad and he used to own a repair shop. I know there is 3 to choose one, but when he put his hand up there, he was able to stop the clicking. I am looking for a diagram on the best way to access this area. I am trying to decide if this is something I can fix myself or if I am over my head.

Thanks for your help.