Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Power steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 06:37 PM

Smile Power steering problem

Hello, I just have one question some far. My neighbor has an HHR and recently left her lights on draining her battery. Since then her power steering is out in the car. Has this happened to anyone before? Any help would be apprciated ciao!
Old 07-15-2007, 06:41 PM

First, Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 199
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! Second, did someone jump the car? If so, check out this thread: No Power Steering. So are they selling the HHR in Europe already?!?
Old 07-15-2007, 07:01 PM

Yup, sounds like sombody goofed when jumping it. The ground for jumping in the front in one of the bolts for the top of the struts. I you use what looks like it SHOULD be the ground on the fuse box, the fuse for the power steering blew. Simple fix; get a new fuse from a dealer. (Unless, you are in Europe, which means getting a fuse may be a big deal!)
Old 07-15-2007, 09:07 PM

Shouldn't be an issue getting a fuse.

Should be able to get them at an Opel dealership.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:14 PM
jx3

Name:  multi-welcome.gif
Views: 275
Size:  24.1 KB

Hills and GDZ pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:18 AM

So if you have to jump start an HHR, should you connect to the battery in the back to avoid this problem?

I tried to use my HHR to jump start my van but it didn't work. The battery was wasted. Glad I didn't blow any fuses in the process.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
So if you have to jump start an HHR, should you connect to the battery in the back to avoid this problem?

I tried to use my HHR to jump start my van but it didn't work. The battery was wasted. Glad I didn't blow any fuses in the process.
No...not necessarily.....

The usual hook-up under the hood. Red to Red....remember the red correct terminal under the HHR hood is marked with a "+". The negative terminal is NOT RED or CAPPED IN RED. The negative terminal connection, is one of the strut tower bolts/nuts marker with the "-" (drivers side).

Also, your Owners Book provides some information and direction.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:09 AM

Thanx, Hillsdalehhr. I will check the fuse box oday. I just injured my knee so I have been out of commission for a few days. My friend bought it in the States. But, yes you can get them through the American system here in Germany. Ciao!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:13 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Yup, sounds like sombody goofed when jumping it. The ground for jumping in the front in one of the bolts for the top of the struts. I you use what looks like it SHOULD be the ground on the fuse box, the fuse for the power steering blew. Simple fix; get a new fuse from a dealer. (Unless, you are in Europe, which means getting a fuse may be a big deal!)
Thank you for such a speedy reply. I will get the fuse from Opel today. The Opel dealer is affiliated with Chevy so it should not be a problem. I love these forums such great information. If I would have just taken it to the Dealer it would have been about 45 or 50 euro. Ciao
Old 07-24-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach

Thanx for your help with the power steering prob. Ciao

Quick Reply: Power steering problem