Hey guys, well the title pretty much sums it up. My remote start is no longer working. I click lock twice (as normal) and when i hold the start button my parking lights just flash. Anyone have any ideas what might be the issue? and yeah my car is out of warranty
There could be many reasons remote vehicle start (RVS) will non function properly. The following was posted by ChevMgr (I think) but I can't find the thread it was in. Try the search function. Hope you find your problem.
Reasons an RVS event will NOT Happen
The RVS System WILL NOT operate if any of the following conditions are present:
• A current vehicle DTC that illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) is set - obtain vehicle DTCs.
• Keyless Entry Transmitter is not Operational.
• The vehicle is in Valet Mode.
• RVS is Disabled through Vehicle Personalization.
• More than 2 Remote Starts have been attempted.
• The HAZARD switch is in the ON position.
• A current HAZARD switch DTC is set.
• A current HOOD AJAR DTC is set.
• Rear compartment lid is ajar.
• Any Door is not locked.
• The Content Theft Deterrent (CTD) system detects an alarm trigger.
• Engine RPM greater than 0 Detected.
• Excessive Coolant TEMP is registered.
• Accelerator pedal position greater than 0 percent.
• Vehicle is not in PARK.
• A current Vehicle Theft Deterrent Malfunction DTC.
• A current Automatic Transmission Shift Lock Control System DTC is set.
• A vehicle speed sensor signal is detected by the ECM.
• Vehicle power mode is incorrect.
Diagnostic Information Starting Point
For additional assistance, refer to Remote Vehicle Start Inoperative in the Electronic Service Information. This section will guide you through the complete Strategy Based Diagnostics and provide Specific Diagnostic Procedure Instructions.