Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   SS wobbling problem. (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/ss-wobbling-problem-51628/)

donbrew 09-30-2014 08:17 PM

Talk about lazy techs. The car is up in the air LCA dangling and they don't bother looking at the bushings. I guess the flashlight was in the other toolbox.

I hope you get all 4 new hubs too.

Ask if they could be bothered to look at the flex pipe while it's up in the air.

eaglefreak138 09-30-2014 08:45 PM

I'm kinda over it. I broke my rule of not buying a first production year car and maybe I'm paying for it. I dunno. It's fun to drive when I'm not in the shop. They all know me well at this point. I love this damn wagon and wish I had confidence that when the warranty runs out I won't be draining my bank but I can't say I do.

ChevroletCustomerService 10-01-2014 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by eaglefreak138 (Post 760200)
Well, both axles have been replaced and it is still doing it. They previously had swapped wheels front to back and that did not fix it. So now they are putting me in a dealer loaner rolling up their sleeves and going to work to figure out what the hell is wrong.

I mentioned to them about the lower control arm bushing. They said they haven't thought that because it would usually show a wheel shifting after a stop. I don't know I guess we'll see.

Until then it's a dealer loaner Cruze :-/

Hey there,

We're sorry to hear of the complications that you have been experiencing. Please let us know if further assistance is needed with your concern. We can be reached via private message if we can be of any help!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

eaglefreak138 10-01-2014 03:49 PM

Well, it looks like the SS is being absolved of wrongdoing this time. After multiple countless mounting and roadforce balancing tire rotations a brand new set of tires, two replaced axles... They took the wheels and tires off of my car, or on a set from another car (as I suggested at the beginning) and it fixed the problem smh... . So I got 2 new axles and have ordered these....

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=8&vid=018831

They threw in black lugs.

I'll end up with my other set of wheels not knowing which one is bad unless I want to pay for trial and error testing one at a time on and off. I'd like to sell them or use two for drag strip. no place has figured it out.

Snoopy 10-01-2014 04:19 PM

So are you covertly stating the wheels and/or tires are out of round?

You could use a dial caliper to see where/how, if you are interested. Need to establish a baseline first however.

eaglefreak138 10-01-2014 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy (Post 760310)
So are you covertly stating the wheels and/or tires are out of round?

You could use a dial caliper to see where/how, if you are interested. Need to establish a baseline first however.

Yeah a wheel must be screwed up. Just don't know which one. I've put on a whole new set of rubber and that had no affect.

I have no idea how to check such things so once the new set of wheels comes I'll have them check the old, bare wheels to see if they can figure it out .

LawDog88 10-01-2014 04:43 PM

Tire shop can check the balance of the rims w/tires and tell you.....

eaglefreak138 10-01-2014 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by LawDog88 (Post 760312)
Tire shop can check the balance of the rims w/tires and tell you.....

I know. I can't explain it. My head hurts just discussing it. I've been through 3 tire shops and one dealer all for this.

Of these new wheels go on and it still occurs I might split in half.

LawDog88 10-01-2014 05:30 PM

Sorry bud! *gives you a chill pill* Take it, get a good nights rest, and let your mind recoup.

eaglefreak138 10-01-2014 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by LawDog88 (Post 760314)
Sorry bud! *gives you a chill pill* Take it, get a good nights rest, and let your mind recoup.

Lol thanks. Hopefully it will be fixed and I'll just end up with new axles and a new set of wheels then comes another HHR of the month entry lol