Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

water leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 04:21 PM

water leak

HI Everyone, first i'd like to say I loved my HHR but am starting to think it might have had a bad start.
It is a 2008 and has 150000km on it.
Every six months I have had to replace a stabilizer arm, twice wheel bear and now the struts.
I like most of you have had the recall done for the ignition and have also replaced both key fobs before the recall and also had the ignition replaced before because the steering wheel kept locking up making it impossible to start my car and most time when I was rushing to a family emergency.
Sometimes my doors won't unlock when I shut off the car, or unlock when I use the key fob, usually just the drivers door.
But my most concerning problem right now is I also have a water leak that is soaking my driver side floor mats and I can't figure out from where.
I can hear water sloshing around in the dash usually when I turn a corner.
I.m trying to decide should I trade it in or is this something I can easily have fixed or is it the beginning to an endless amount of problems.
Any ideas?
Old 10-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forums.

Ok, are you the original owner or did you buy it recently?

With that kind of mileage, one can expect things like the struts, wheel bearings, and the stabilizer arms to wear out, so at that mileage it is pretty much the norm.

Typically the key fobs will get flakey over time as the contacts wear out, else they develop a bad solder joint that also makes them not work or get flakey. Both are easily repaired by purchasing a new contact pad, or re-soldering the broken contacts.

If all the door locks are not unlocking when putting the vehicle in P (if that is the way it is set up via the DIC), check for loose fuses that might affect all the locks. If it is primarily the drivers lock only, they can be replaced at a minimal cost.

Re: water leak - they are a pain for sure and need to be addressed asap before more damage occurs. Read this thread for more info on water leak fixes: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...er-leak-34603/ especially the items about the drains that might be clogged.

Hopefully that helps??????
Old 10-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Deceased

X2 to all of the above, and aboard!