Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Water leaks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 11:18 AM

Water leaks?

I have a leak on the driver's side door. The dealer has looked at it twice (about 3 days ea time) and has ordered another door seal. I don't think that will fix it either. Any others have this problem. Mine has the running boards, and I'm not sure, but I think that the problem may be in this option. I have the sun roof and it has been checked out by the dealer. Other than that I'm fairly pleased with the Heritage. Got over 16,000 miles and averaging 29.7 mpg.....sweet
Old 02-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Banned

No problems with leaks and I have running boards. Your running boards will have nothing to do with your leak.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:35 AM

Where is the water at? A few HHR owners have had leaks from the large wiring boot on the driver's side firewall. I would have your dealer check that out right away. (*Note: these owners reported water pooling up in the dirver's side footwells, soaking the carpet.)

I hope this helps your problem!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:39 AM

they shouldn't, but I know who installed them................me! The dealer furnished them later and of course Mr. Fricken Goodwrench is not open on Saturdays...............I work on the road, so I either put up the ugly uinfinished vehicle or install them myself. The install was not too complicated, but on a new vehicle one never knows.

I'd trade out my running boards for the standard trim if anyone is interested.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Where is the water at? A few HHR owners have had leaks from the large wiring boot on the driver's side firewall. I would have your dealer check that out right away. (*Note: these owners reported water pooling up in the dirver's side footwells, soaking the carpet.)

I hope this helps your problem!
Excellent info. Exactly where my leak is. I'm headed down to the dealer to get my paperwork now. I'll run that by him. I work on the road, so its hard to keep education different dealers.......thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 12:16 PM

I have not noticed anything but I will check around my car. Thanks Socal. I have been getting a lot of rain in my area. Sorry Captain that we are not getting as much snow as you.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

Actually it's been a mild winter here also. We're well below our average amount of snow fall for this time of year.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:00 PM

Our winter has been crazy. Its been 60-70 degrees almost everday for the past 2 months. Theres been a spurt or two where itll hit 30 for a day but then it goes back up to 60 the next day.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:23 PM

Same here. I love the warm weather. We actually got some well overdue rain today. Figures. I get a new HHR on Wednesday. It is all nice and shiny. It hasn't rained in months - literally. Drought here in TX. Then I get a new car and would like to keep it clean and it rains. Oh Well.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:30 PM

Door Seals

One thing I am going to watch closely as my HHR ages is the door seals on the rear doors. Since the rear doors go all the way to the rear wheel well, the rear door seals are exposed directly at the rear wheel. Splash and throw off from the rear wheels gets forced almost directly at the rear door seals. I think treating them with silicone every year to keep them in good shape is a good idea.

Quick Reply: Water leaks?