Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Window Washers Out

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:27 PM

Window Washers Out

Both my windshield and back window washers stopped working on my 2010 Panel. The wipers move but no fluid is coming out and the pumps don't run. The trouble is I can't tell which of the fuses or whatever these things are in the fuse panel, are out, if that's the problem. Chuck
Old 04-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member

Under hood fuse panel:
Fuse #49--Windshield Washer Pump
Relay #39--Windshield Washer Pump
Relay #48--Rear Windshield Washer

Or---What about your warranty coverage? Let the dealer fix it.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 PM

The dealer will make me sit and wait for 2 hours or more to fix this. The fuses look OK but the relay is what I am thinking is bad. Chuck
Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Technical Moderator

A Stupid question, there is fluid in the tank? Second there is an odd sort of valving at the pump that controls front or rear and the pump itself.

I agree about sitting and waiting for the dealer, but you don't have to pay them for the bad coffee or bad TV. They don't pay you for your time, but......there is always the Hot Chick in a Mini-Skirt running around the kiosk pretending to do work! I know you looked!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
A Stupid question, there is fluid in the tank? Second there is an odd sort of valving at the pump that controls front or rear and the pump itself.

I agree about sitting and waiting for the dealer, but you don't have to pay them for the bad coffee or bad TV. They don't pay you for your time, but......there is always the Hot Chick in a Mini-Skirt running around the kiosk pretending to do work! I know you looked!
What kiosk?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by Breadfan
What kiosk?
The area that the "cashier/receptionist/telephone girl" sits at. Or did you mean you couldn't see the forest for the trees?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:38 PM

The area that the "cashier/receptionist/telephone girl" sits at. Or did you mean you couldn't see the forest for the trees?
I must have been distracted and missed seeing it. Maybe it was hidden behind some "trees".
Old 04-29-2012, 11:02 AM

Tank is full and I have disconnected the water hose and tried to run the pump, no joy. Have you been in the service department of any dealership lately. The guy that works the desk isn't even attractive to his mother. Chuck
Old 04-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Tank is full and I have disconnected the water hose and tried to run the pump, no joy. Have you been in the service department of any dealership lately. The guy that works the desk isn't even attractive to his mother. Chuck
That's why the waiting room is in the "sales" side. I think that it is a mandate that every auto dealership have at least one "Hot Chick in either a Mini-Skirt or Sprayed on Pants" running around the sales floor. I try not to look at the guys that way.

The pump itself could be bad, mine was when I went back because it was not holding the water. It turned out that my "Certified" used car had been nearly totaled on the RF and nobody ever looked at the washer bottle assembly. (clue #2, clue #1 was no paint on the bolts holding the fenders and hood on).
Old 04-30-2012, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Both my windshield and back window washers stopped working on my 2010 Panel. The wipers move but no fluid is coming out and the pumps don't run. The trouble is I can't tell which of the fuses or whatever these things are in the fuse panel, are out, if that's the problem. Chuck
I can understand your point of view about taking the HHR to the dealership. I have also read further through the thread about your situation. If it is a new pump that needs to be replaced, that should be covered under the Bumper To Bumper warranty. That would be extra money in your pocket instead of doing it yourself. There would also be a warranty on the parts and labor if they replace it with a genuine GM part. Parts and labor warranty should be 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever comes first.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: Window Washers Out