Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Boo!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM

Boo!

Made a couple of runs at the "Goodguys" autocross Sunday. Between having a coil bind problem[front spring rubbers installed at binding, upping the spring rate too much], and not really bringing my A game, times suffered greatly. Pushing front end, lighting the tires at every hit, I was a real pooch. Some of my friends[very heavy hitters] had a field day at my expense. Even had a dang 4 cyl. Pinto put it on me.
Next time, maybe I can get it together better. This time I sucked, big time. "Moon"
Old 06-04-2012, 02:28 PM

hey at least ya tried thats the important part.
Besides it sounds like you are still learning like everything else in life.
I know when I am out drag racing I always think I am preppared but then I always go home thinking i could have done better.I guess thats what keeps us going.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:28 PM

A Pinto? Ouch.

If it's that stiff in front, you lose the feel as you approach the limits (at least I do), so it's very easy to go past them. Better luck next time!

I'm thinking about taking mine out this weekend. I have toasted stock Michelins on there, so it won't be fast, but I'm dying to see how the balance is. It could lead me to buy a 2nd set of wheels and go play regularly again. I'm staying in stock class, though, so the rear sway I already have is going to be about it for mods. I have to see if I can hang with the Minis...
Old 06-04-2012, 04:08 PM

Another thing was they configured the course a little; tighten up the corners some, and that played to the RWD, high H.P. cars. Lots of spins this time, even some of the heavy hitters, were looped it. Made for a good show anyway.
I could'nt get my head around the track this time, and the course did'nt play nice to my car, so just did'nt work out. The said Pinto: Last fifteen runs I'd done before Sunday, I'd spanked him real bad, but not yesterday. I usually run in the top 2/3 rd of the class, with some heavy hitters, but just did'nt have it this time. Next time. "Moon"
Old 06-04-2012, 04:30 PM

You'll get 'em next time.
I hate when you push just a little, and tcs nose dives you. Surprising too, especially when these little cars have so much understeer.