Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Chevy pulling for Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Founding Member

Chevy pulling for Toyota

Now that HillsdaleHHR has shown me the light on how to post a picture, I thought I would share something I saw the day before the start of the Texas State Fair last October in Dallas. I am very biased about American made products and do not care for Toyota claiming that they now build the best trucks. If their trucks are so great then why do they use a Chevy to pull their racing trailer?

Old 01-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I am very biased about American made products and do not care for Toyota claiming that they now build the best trucks.
Me too! That picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:02 PM

[QUOTE=ChevyMgr;227394]I am very biased about American made products and why do they use a Chevy to pull their racing trailer?

Yep, ...........but just wondering ……………aren’t Toyota’s made in the USA? …..and I don’t think they make a one ton heavy enough to pull that trailer?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Old Ray
Yep, ...........but just wondering ……………aren’t Toyota’s made in the USA?
Even if so a good portion of your money is going to Japan in the end.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Founding Member

[QUOTE=Old Ray;227414]
Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I am very biased about American made products and why do they use a Chevy to pull their racing trailer?

Yep, ...........but just wondering ……………aren’t Toyota’s made in the USA? …..and I don’t think they make a one ton heavy enough to pull that trailer?
They produce a small portion in the USA. But I am betting the money made from them goes back to Japan. I don't know if they make a 1 ton HD, but I am thinking they don't. However if they need to pull an empty cargo container out of a canyon, It will do that....at least I saw that in a commercial.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:22 PM

[QUOTE=ChevyMgr;227417] I am betting the money made from them goes back to Japan. QUOTE]

Oh I get it…..…..just like the HHR’s that are made in Mexico, the money goes back to GM in the USA? That’s Ok but not for Toyota?

Actually other then the employees wages and production costs the money (if there is any) in all publicly traded companies goes to the shareholders (the investors) wherever they might live.

Please don’t take this wrong, for whatever it's worth, I like you guys and appreciate and enjoy your posts very much, but sometimes one has to look at the reality, in a free enterprise system the consumer eventually decides the successful companies. A classic example would be the Wal-Mart’s killing the small town merchants because they can’t compete, does the consumer care, hell no, lets go to the Mall where it’s cheaper.

IMHO you don’t have to worry about Japan, wait until India and certainly China (by General Motors?) begin building quality cheap cars. It is a world economy like it or not, the shareholders wants a return on their investment. I know we want to protect our jobs at home but we have to be competitive or the jobs will go somewhere else…like building HHR’s that we drive in Mexico.

Don't shoot, just askin'
Old 01-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member

Actually other then the employees wages and production costs the money (if there is any) in all publicly traded companies goes to the shareholders (the investors) wherever they might live.
I don't know where you got this idea, but that's NOT true for 95% of the companies that make a profit.

Profits stay with the corporation except for a small portion that MAY be paid to the stockholders as a dividend.

Stockholders recognize increased equity in a corporation when the stock escalates in value.....maybe due to the profits the corp generated....but certainly not paid FROM the profits.

For example, Exxon (selected because of everyone's familiarity) has enjoyed some amazing profits in the past several years. The stockholders also have recognized some relatively nice appreciation on the value of the stock (again largely due to sales growth & earnings). But Exxon pays an annual dividend of approximately $1.40 or about 1.5 % of the share price. That frankly is pocket change/chewing gum money.

ChevyMgr....I really like that picture. Many captions can be used to express what a person THINKS. I did copy and save it for future reference.

Last edited by Snoopy; 01-12-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:11 AM

That is a great picture...but I am a little biased as next to my Chevy HHR is a Toyota Sienna and it has been a great van. In fact it pulls my Pontoon Boat to the lakes and rivers so I have no complaints.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:27 AM

Oh I get it…..…..just like the HHR’s that are made in Mexico, the money goes back to GM in the USA? That’s Ok but not for Toyota?
The difference is that GM is an american company. The only reason toyota & the other japanese auto makers ASSEMBLE some cars here is because it's more economical for them than shipping high volume units half way around the world!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:15 AM

just keep in mind...what engine was in a Geo.

That picture is awesome....many of us drag racers use tow vehicles for leverage in humorous debates "oh yea, well if your Ford is so bad, why do you have a Mopar truck towing it?"...that sort of thing.

That picture...is cool.
Nice one.

Chevy and Toyota have teamed up for decades.

Quick Reply: Chevy pulling for Toyota