Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

HHR SS vs. ?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 PM

Talking HHR SS vs. ?????

Anyone with the new SS race any punk kids in their little honda's...I just want to hear a funny store of someone blowing a honda away!!!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:08 PM

Well its a pretty good story, but i didnt really win... My buddy has a 04 Nissan Titan with the 5.6 V8. We raced one night and had i not done a beautiful smoky burnout off the line i would have had him... However, i did give him a run for his money, we stayed neck and neck until about 80 MPH, (then i backed off, cant afford another ticket) i am sure all the other 5spd's out there will agree with me, these little wagons are quick with a stick! By the way, car is completely stock (Motor wise)

P.S. I am not afraid of any Honda Civic... LOL
Old 02-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned

i actually witnessed this today. the SS lost to an integra. both good drivers SS didnt stand a chance though. made us look crappy that a 11 year old car whooped rear.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by quest51210
i actually witnessed this today. the SS lost to an integra. both good drivers SS didnt stand a chance though. made us look crappy that a 11 year old car whooped rear.
But who has the 100,000 mile warranty, can carry home a chest of drawers/matresses/200 or so concrete blocks, and not get hassled by the police for exhaust & illegal modifications?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by wingfeather
But who has the 100,000 mile warranty, can carry home a chest of drawers/matresses/200 or so concrete blocks, and not get hassled by the police for exhaust & illegal modifications?
Where's the fun without a loud exhaust and illegal modifications?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:20 PM

Even if I had an SS, I wouldn't bite on the stoplight races. Had enough of that when I had my Vette. Seemed everyone with something that they thought was anything wanted to prove it against a vette. It got old. I'm sure it would be the same when they see the SS badge. Having said that, the most satisfying kills when I had the Vette were the posers in Porsche Boxsters. All of the latter mentioned, at a sanctioned track of course. They may handle like rails but they're slow. 911 same story. Turbo Porsche forget it, Vette was toast.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:29 PM

Just want to add, that don't really see them as punk kids in Hondas. If they're truly modding the engine, then they're just the new gen of hot rodders, 21st Century style. They're just doing what we used to do with the V-8 cars, Camaro, Mustang, Vette, Impala SS (ole School 90's Impala), but doing with half the cylinders because that's what they can afford.

What I guess I call a punk kid in a Honda is the ones that watched Fast and Furious then put park bench wings on the rear, stickers, and a body kit but left the engine untouched except for the hi-po muffler, then go around thinking they're fast when they're really just another poser.

But I respect anyone who puts the work into the engine to backup the looks, be it 4 cyl, 6, or 8.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Just want to add, that don't really see them as punk kids in Hondas. If they're truly modding the engine, then they're just the new gen of hot rodders, 21st Century style. They're just doing what we used to do with the V-8 cars, Camaro, Mustang, Vette, Impala SS (ole School 90's Impala), but doing with half the cylinders because that's what they can afford.

What I guess I call a punk kid in a Honda is the ones that watched Fast and Furious then put park bench wings on the rear, stickers, and a body kit but left the engine untouched except for the hi-po muffler, then go around thinking they're fast when they're really just another poser.

But I respect anyone who puts the work into the engine to backup the looks, be it 4 cyl, 6, or 8.

I agree 100%. People like to down others that use 4 cylinders instead of 8 for their motivation. I say if they can get that much power out of one of those motors heck yeah.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by hugheshhr
I agree 100%. People like to down others that use 4 cylinders instead of 8 for their motivation. I say if they can get that much power out of one of those motors heck yeah.
I also agree. A tastefully done Honda, Acura, etc is a plus in my book. Nowadays, you can get a lot of hp out of a 4 cyl. I drive what most people see as a white Neon, but it is of the SRT-4 variety and it's not stock. I've removed the big spoiler and installed the smaller SXT spoiler so it looks like a regular, slow Neon. I like stealthy.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:16 AM

If they're truly modding the engine is the key phrase here. Problem is most kids think that by adding a poorly installed Fart Cannon, a set of colorful spark plug wires and a bottle of Nitrous that they have actually "tuned" their engine. Those too are merely posers. Thankfully though they are easy to spot since they tend to like the park bench spoilers and stickers as well. The true tuners are the ones you would never suspect until they whoop your ass. That I can respect

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger