Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Lexus GS 400 Kill

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:24 PM

Lexus GS 400 Kill

So it's 5:30 am on a 4 lane road , Not a car in site, And up pulls Mr. GS 400

I'm not even thinking about a race, Light turns green , He lauches , Well I'm game. Had me buy a fender for 60 ft, Then i got him by a fender threw 80 mph Then see Ya just kept pullin away . At 120 i had 4-5 lenths on him, and he shut down. Then we got on the highway i stayed at 60 waiting for him, He passed me and he gave me a big wave, as i gave him the thumbs up.
It was a good race. With no one else around. I think that started my day off better than the cup of coffee i was sippin when he launched.
Not sure what a GS 400 has in it but it sounded good and was close for a bit.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:06 PM

Way to go BATMAN. Nice little quick victory. Everyone safe and no sore losers.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:35 PM

The only ones in danger where the wildlife (Wooded area)
I imagine a deer hit at 120 would have been my last run.
And a raccoon hit would have probally been the SS' last run.

But i have MANY more runs ahead.

Is there any other SS owners that just won't back down from a SAFE drag ?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:39 PM

Great kill, I have to say, Im an old school racer, I wont back down unless unsafe area. Clear road, no PED, I say its game on for me personally.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:05 PM

I know I may be a kill joy but-I was coming home from a wedding (no I did not have anything to drink) with my pregnant wife at about 2:30am on the Long Island Expressway- no cars anywhere near me-4 full open lanes-but very dark due to construction and no lights on the road. I was in my 84 TBird Turbo 5 Speed, doing about 65 in a middle lane. My headlight beams showed something the middle of my lane (split second looked like a water pump from a big block chevy sitting there) I had 2 choices-swerve out of the way (could hit the pump and flip) or go over it. My wife being pregnant and no time to stop without maybe her getting hurt, I went over it. The top of the pump was sitting too high-it hit the back bottom of my oil pan (the head of the oil drain plug I later found out) and the pump started flipping under the car causing the car to become airbourne. Luckly we made it home in one piece. My wife was "undamaged" but scared. It could have been worse-and we may have ended up in the hospital. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN AT ANY TIME.

For those who want to know the car damage-
Oil pan bolt ripped off the pan taking part of the pan with it. The oil didn't drain out of the car while it was still running when I got home untill I turned it off. 5 quarts of oil in my landlords driveway- and having to lift the block and install a new pan. The oil pump uptake tube was just in the right spot to keep the oil from gettong to that part of the ripped pan and leaking out (wife was the one saying-what is the running water sound-the oil spilling out in the driveway after I turned the engine off)
3 of the 4 bolts holding the 5 speed to the block snapped. That was a task fixing that on my back in the driveway.
The entire exhaust crushed, broken, and wrapped around part of the rear.
Passanger side 2 rear shocks (quad HO system-horiz and vert) bent!
What a mess.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:24 PM

I guess the racing part of the racing fourm is not so popular these days.

A V-8 lux (That gets a jump) vs. econo 4 banger , Ya i know it's a turbo , But that does'nt equal 4 cyls.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 AM

Hey Batman,

I am not condoning some early morning racing, but almost religiously(no pun intended) every Sunday morning, I get out on the road by 5:30-6:00 am and just dog it!(mostly the access road to Lowe's) There is no-body on the roads, the cops are busy with Saturday night paperwork, and there is usually no animal life to dodge. So to anyone reading this. If your gonna hot-dog it on public roads, then at least do it early early mornings where the only obstacles is the occasional hard-core partier who is still out drunk driving, and your driving abilities. They really need more SCCA courses and clubs around the counrty.

NICE KILL!

I'm lucky now, we have Knoxville Dragway about 5 miles from the house!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 PM

I wish I was close to a strip, about an hour and a half away.

good kill, imagine if your car wasn't stock. a tune wouldve put you 10+ ahead by 100 lol.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Banned

Batman when we gonna run man u live too close to me for us not to race
Old 10-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

for the Lexus GS400 specs.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2000/...ons/index.html