Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Racing Discussion (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/racing-discussion-7/)
-   -   Ruby is 1-0 (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/racing-discussion-7/ruby-1-0-a-29903/)

Kev&Chers{SS} 05-26-2010 08:31 PM

Ruby is 1-0

:thumb: Cruising around after rain went through, roads dry but cool air with moonroof open a PT cruiser GT wanted to play. Went West of a town and at light on highway, clear traffic for at least a mile, We cut loose. Used traction contlol only in "I" position. Max boost was 15lbs stock. He had stick as his car bucked.... the whole time Im pulling away from him with A/T. At 80 I shut her down with a good 5 car advantage at that point.:thumb:
Far enough he was easily visable in rear view mirror
EDIT: I dont recommend this and want to hit the racetrack from now on. 80 not so bad as it was a 60 zone

THE BATMAN 05-26-2010 08:42 PM

Happy times ! In my best borat impretion :thumb:

Kev&Chers{SS} 05-26-2010 08:54 PM

LOL!! Yeah exactly, but im an oldschool dragracer from way back. Dont wanna make a habit of that but sure was fun:thumb: Nice to get first kill off our back. He should have known better messing with an HHR lol We will go to Gateway after some more miles and a stage kit in her and Cher and I will take a few turns

steven&cat 05-26-2010 09:45 PM

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO.. good job

Kev&Chers{SS} 05-26-2010 10:40 PM

:thumb: it was fun. B4 I knew it he was fading LOL. Did I see here in a forum people calling it a P/T Loser? I thought that quite amusing :D

steven&cat 05-26-2010 10:52 PM

Yep, been called that for years. At the HHR nationals in Branson, circa 2008,, I rented a P.T while my SS was in the show,needed a junker to bang around town for the 3 days we were there... certainly didnt want my SS to get parking lot damage while doing the tourist thing. What a sick piece of crap it was,,,I was glad to give it back to enterprise.

Kev&Chers{SS} 05-26-2010 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by steven&cat (Post 468179)
Yep, been called that for years. At the HHR nationals in Branson, circa 2008,, I rented a P.T while my SS was in the show,needed a junker to bang around town for the 3 days we were there... certainly didnt want my SS to get parking lot damage while doing the tourist thing. What a sick piece of crap it was,,,I was glad to give it back to enterprise.

LMAO Thats funny! I know. Ill be nervous taking to certain places. But hey we take our chances I guess.:smile: We try to park smart though

Jaxon 05-27-2010 10:29 PM

When you think about going to gateway let me know. Id like to run another SS, especially if you get the stage kit. Or you might decide to get tuned for real after you run me. :P

Kev&Chers{SS} 05-27-2010 11:46 PM

Yes definantly will do, Would be cool to see how the respective tunes do, of course, Its a drivers race basically if ya can drive her? lol :thumb: