Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Site Development, Help and Announcements (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/)
-   -   Database error, anyone else having trouble ? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/database-error-anyone-else-having-trouble-37697/)

Greybeard999 10-23-2011 05:50 AM

Yup.....

843de 10-23-2011 08:18 AM

"Oh, if it matters to Administration, I got the Data Base Error messages at 7:18 PM AZ time."

It matters to Sindy, and she's trying to do something Snoopy, but that's as far as it'll go because she's working in an untenable situation...one wonders how long before she says "screw it" too.

Our new reality here is one of frustration, vexation, irritation, and finally resignation in the face of a site owner who doesn't give a damn. You can try to back door the site through a Google search, sometimes that'll work, sometimes not.

DaGrinch 10-23-2011 02:57 PM

Heck, this is the first time I've been able to load any part of the site all day! I've received the dreaded 404 error - or was it the 505... maybe the 606? :clown:

SindyDix 10-23-2011 03:16 PM

If I log on:
chevyhhr.net=error
www.chevyhhr.net=success

Adding the www. in the address seems to work. You all may have better luck with that as well.

SS fan 10-23-2011 03:35 PM

thanks Sindy :twothumbs:

Snoopy 10-23-2011 03:44 PM

Thanks, Sindy for your efforts. And I have been using the WWW. when I sign in. I did get the "Data Base error" message again this morning. After about 3-4 tries a went to my alternate method. It worked BUT after attempting to post to a thread, it just "hung" for about 5 minutes then finally gave a SERVER message.

843...... Yeah I know, Sindy is trying to correct this problem. I don't believe it is her problem however. I believe this problem belongs to the owner of the site and the provider he funds. Some "juice" should be used to get these problems fixed. And, 843, these problems are NOT new. I am, with about 4-5 other regular posters, one of the original members of this forum. AND IIRC, problems like this have occurred just about the last 4 years......I think after a new site provider was selected and used. And every time some modification or change is made to the site (OR SERVER), a problem is encountered that takes 3-4 weeks to fix. AS an example, the sign in issue has plagued this site since, I believe a server change .......maybe 2-3 years, Sindy just corrected that. I do appreciate all the work that Brad and Sindy do. I just think it is beyond their responsibilities and/or authority.

IF I DIDN"T KNOW BETTER, I WOULD THINK THIS SITE IS OPERATED BY THE OLD GM CORP. It has all the symptoms.

Now, what I am saying is that I AM NOT COMPLAINING. I cannot, in good conscience, do that.....since I am not a paying member (and these problems are the reason why). I am trying to provide information to anyone that can help correct the site problems.

843de 10-23-2011 06:15 PM

Sindy's method does work at times, going in the "back door" through a Google search works at times, but its frustratingly undependable. I'm aware that these problems have cropped up in the past from talking to folks, and I'm aware that Sindy and Brad effectively have their hands tied as far as solutions are concerned.

Whether or not you are a "paying member" Snoopy, you do have the right to complain and make suggestions as to how things can be improved. We're saddled with a site owner who has lost interest, but having lost interest, he's still enjoying the benefits of the revenue the site generates(however much that might be).

Its not good when you won't invest in the site to keep your paying(and non-paying)members and supporting vendors happy. You have to spend money to make money as any business owner will tell you including me.

AJochum 10-23-2011 07:03 PM

Reminds me of my first love relationship - on again, off again.... Come to think about it, I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Perhaps I now have the capability of repairing the server problems.....let me sleep on it.:banannadance:

843de 10-23-2011 10:40 PM

Yeah AJochum start small first, fix the server here then you can branch out into brain surgery and nuclear physics.:D

sleeper 10-24-2011 12:10 AM

It's like a crap-shoot.. Sometimes I get on, sometimes I crap out..

& don't even mention pre-paid decals.. :skull1:

But I'm supporting the site..