Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Inappropriate images in the Gallery!

Old 09-06-2006, 09:43 PM

Jony..I agree that doesnt belong. Course ..many would say cursing doesnt belong either. I was simply stating that a slight explanation would be helpful.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:19 AM

My apologies for putting that in the gallery. It has been deleted.

That said, I have yet to figure out how to post pics without putting them into my gallery and the only instructions for posting pictures (that I have run across) involve putting images in the gallery and then cut/paste link.

Any info/directions would be helpful.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Wackaloon

That said, I have yet to figure out how to post pics without putting them into my gallery and the only instructions for posting pictures (that I have run across) involve putting images in the gallery and then cut/paste link.

Some of us have an account on www.photobucket.com You can post your pics there on photobucket and it provides you the cut/paste link that you can use on here. Sign up is free.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:53 AM

since you are premium
in each post (advanced mode) if you scroll down you will see add attachments, click that and a window will open for you to upload, then they are not in the gallery
Old 09-07-2006, 08:39 AM

JohnnyB...I think most of these images that you find were intended for the dungeon. The members are just not aware of how to upload their pics and keep them private, like Wackaloon's case.

If I may, I would recommend have the mods contact these members and give them a warning. Inform them how to post pics without having them viewed in the gallery. Not everyone is knows how to do this...I didn't learn until a couple of weeks on this site...

Wackaloon, I just post all my pics on photobucket now. It's just as easy and you don't have to worry about posting innap. pics on the gallery.

Ng
Old 09-07-2006, 08:48 AM

Photobucket has a great deal of storage and that's where I store all of my non-HHR photos. They give you tons of space and you also get the same codes like you do in our gallery, so things can be posted the same way. If you need assistance, just PM me and I'll be happy to help you with any questions.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Photobucket has a great deal of storage and that's where I store all of my non-HHR photos. They give you tons of space and you also get the same codes like you do in our gallery, so things can be posted the same way. If you need assistance, just PM me and I'll be happy to help you with any questions.
deb, think you can make a how to the members?

I also like http://imageshack.us , less ads and BS
Old 09-07-2006, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by crowbar
since you are premium
in each post (advanced mode) if you scroll down you will see add attachments, click that and a window will open for you to upload, then they are not in the gallery
am i wrong on this?
Old 09-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by crowbar
am i wrong on this?

nope, you can sure do it that way
In fact, that is probably a better way, free images sites delete the images after a while, if you upload them in your post, they will always be her on the site
Old 09-07-2006, 08:57 AM

Sure jonyyB...I'll work on it and get something put together. I'll also check out the site you mentioned as well and open one there so I can post instructions for that as well.

I've got a busy day today, but I'll see if I can't work that in. Babysitting my grandchildren till around noon and then off to a job interview. I will have some spare time this afternoon...but have a dinner engagement with TomsHHR who is in Denver and I'll be back online after that.

Will be sure to have something up before the weekend for sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inappropriate images in the Gallery!