Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Inappropriate images in the Gallery!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:50 AM

If you like I can just expand the how-to I did to include using photobucket, thats where my howto pics are stored even heh.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:32 PM

test
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2006, 06:32 PM

yep, dat works (the method of using the attachment function within advanced)

My thanks to all
Old 09-08-2006, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by JonyyB
nope, you can sure do it that way
In fact, that is probably a better way, free images sites delete the images after a while, if you upload them in your post, they will always be her on the site
That definitely works...but when I tried it, there is a limit on the size of the file and it said it was too big. Am I doing something wrong here or do we need to compress these files so they are less kb than the allowable limit for attachments on the forum? Also, I noticed a little bar across the top, sort of like a guage...is there a limit to the number of attachments one can upload?

I did a little checking into photobucket and the other site you mentioned. Photobucket has a great set of instructions in their tips & tools area that gives great instructions on how to use photobucket.

Both sites have a limit on free storage and monthly bandwidth, which can also create a problem as well, due to the number of views that are made on the forum. It's a pretty large amount on photobucket, but as we continue to grow, that could put additional stress on that as well.

I also did some checking into photos at yahoo. My daughter has an account there and she uploaded nearly 1100 photos from her trip to WDW...and also stores other photos there as well. You can also upload an entire folder of photos, which I did yesterday to try it out. There were 72 photos in the one folder and it all uploaded quite nicely.

According to what I read there, the images you upload there will stay there forever, as long as you log into your accounts every 6 months or so. Plus they will also email you at your alternate email address to let you know if your photos are in danger of being deleted, before it is actually done. Does this sound more like what we need...where stuff isn't going to disappear? Below is what is stated at Yahoo.

How long will Yahoo! store my photos?

We currently offer free, unlimited storage to all our users. So your collection could be tens, hundreds, or even thousands of photos. You are not going to find a better deal out there.

But here’s the fine print. We don’t require you to print your photos. But we do want you to come back every now and then to make sure you’re still interested – storage is costly for us. So, be sure to sign in to your Yahoo! account at least once every six months. This simply means signing into anywhere you use your Yahoo! ID – Mail, Messenger, Music, 360 – or, of course, into Yahoo! Photos.

If we don’t see you in that period of time, your account may be identified as “dormant” and your photos could be deleted. But don’t worry – we’ll notify you via email (using the Alternate Email address you identified in your Account Information) if your account is at risk. But we’d much prefer you just use our service more often.

Note: Yahoo! accounts associated with our broadband partners (AT&T, BellSouth, Verizon, Rogers, BT) cannot become dormant and will not be deactivated.
Now is the best time to figure out our alternatives for photo storage before we do a bunch of how to's and then find out they are gonna disappear. I am going to post a thread where people can post links to the photo storage sites they use. They could provide us with a link and give us a rundown on what they offer, and why they chose them. I'm sure we might be surprised at how many places are out there and we could fall into something really great too. I'm not adverse to paying to store my photos online somewhere, I just want to make sure they will always be there when I need them.

Possibly make the thread a sticky so that it's always easy to find and things can be added as they are found. I know...more stickies. Well...how about this option? Make a separate board or add another section on the board where all the stickies can be housed. Let people know that everything there is important enough that the topic has warranted sticky status.

Just throwing out some ideas here...please don't kill the poster.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:00 AM

Deb for Moderator!
She does it anyway...is there room for another?

All in favor..

(cheers)Deb! Deb! Deb! Deb!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by teech
Deb for Moderator!

All in favor..

Deb! Deb! Deb!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Founding Member

Ditto!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by teech
Deb for Moderator!

All in favor..

I'm with you, Teech. She does an awful lot here. She should have some kind of status.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:08 PM

So.. This is the first time I have seen this thread but a question that was asked has still not been answered as far as I can see... And we kinda need to know so we won't get in trouble.

Does inappropriate mean that the picture was somehow lewd and not for general public viewing, or does it mean that it wasn't related to HHRs or anything that this forum deals with?

Either of those definitions could work, depending on the leadership of the forum. All forums have different rules and standards. A very nice easy clarification is all that is needed to remedy the situation.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Ditto!
What she said

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DEB!

Quick Reply: Inappropriate images in the Gallery!