Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Site Development, Help and Announcements (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/)
-   -   Make the forum a better place.......for users and mods (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/make-forum-better-place-users-mods-4446/)

crowbar 09-06-2006 04:25 PM

Make the forum a better place.......for users and mods

The almighty "snake oil" of vb code.....................................

THE IGNORE BUTTON!!

The mods are tired of the b1tchen..........

The non believers are tired of the believers............

The users are tired of the fueding...................

Its obvious no one here is going anywhere and they shouldnt have to. I have lots of other ideas to share about modding the hhr and i want to see others ideas as well. There is no other place on the net for hhrs thats worth the bandwidth. So, with that being said............

If someone here offends you all the time,

if you dont think what johnny listens to is cool,

if suzzies chrome molding just gets your panties in a bunch,

if that avatar just gives you the worst nightmares,

if you think that hhr couldnt be more hiddious,

if they have just taken every last bit of fun out of that thread,

heres what to do.

Under each members name when you click it there will be a "ignore button" or add to ignore list. Once you engage that button you will no longer see what suzzie or johnny posts anymore. You will no longer be offended by them. You will see their avatar no more, their top 5 cd collection will no longer offend you. You will have no more reason to have to defend yourself or complain to a mod. Their humor will be a thing of the past.

Remember folks out of sight, out of mind.

I bid you adue.
:cool:

txsman2930 09-06-2006 04:27 PM

I 2nd that. That's actually not a bad idea.

captain howdy 09-06-2006 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 43519

ng8650 09-06-2006 04:33 PM

I was just thinkin about that last night, I think I PM'd someone about it....:nuts:

Ng

trey1966 09-06-2006 04:35 PM

You need a button so you don’t have to see it anymore?
I don't agree with religion, but that doesn't mean that I want churches, mosques, synagogues or whatever covered up because I don’t agree. Same could go for people on this forum that I don't agree with. Welcome to the world of humanity, now get over it.

captain howdy 09-06-2006 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by trey1966
I don't agree with religion, but that doesn't mean that I want churches, mosques, synagogues or whatever covered up because I don’t agree. Same could go for people on this forum that I don't agree with. Welcome to the world of humanity, now get over it.

I agree, but not everyone does. ;)

crowbar 09-06-2006 04:40 PM

i agree with you

but there is a handfull here that cant get over it

trey1966 09-06-2006 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I agree, but not everyone does. ;)

THANK YOU CH! :thumb:

Originally Posted by crowbar
i agree with you

but there is a handfull here that cant get over it

Well then they should leave! Hows that feel!

This is just one of those subjects that could be debated all year long and no one would ever agree...
It's like saying my opinion matters more than your opinion.

crowbar 09-06-2006 04:45 PM

not that religion is the only reputitous (sp?) argument on here

but one person on "a" side posts something about "a" , the "b" people here dont complain. But then the trouble is when the "b" group posts about "b" the "a" side will complain and a riot insist.

and the mods are caught in the middle

so this is the only happy medium i could come up with

cj krause 09-06-2006 04:54 PM

the ignore ability is already there. it has been since the beginning

go to the users profile you want to ignore and scan the page,,, it is there,,, has been there on the bar below where it shows their avitar and their pic.

add to buddy list on left and add to ignore list on the right

on options, you can also choose not to see signatures and avitars in your user cp

crowbar 09-06-2006 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
the ignore ability is already there. it has been since the beginning

go to the users profile you want to ignore and scan the page,,, it is there,,, has been there on the bar below where it shows their avitar and their pic.

add to buddy list on left and add to ignore list on the right

i felt like some may have over looked this feature ;)

Firewatcher 09-06-2006 05:02 PM

I don't have any button for my wife..........I can sit directly next to her on the sofa, or lay right against her in bed and completely ignore her without using any button. :lol: :p:

trey1966 09-06-2006 05:06 PM

Ignorance is not an excuse to change the way things are.

crowbar 09-06-2006 06:36 PM

Ignorance is not an excuse to change the way things are.

but now people dont have an excuse to ***** whine and complain anymore, they can ignore those of us whom they dont want to read posts from. And i think from now on out the ones that do complain are problem because they choose not to ignore but to still gripe

SindyDix 09-06-2006 06:42 PM

I don't agree with the ignore button as an answer. When we joined we agreed to... well, you guys know the speach on that.
As a Moderator, I do not have that ignore option. We must read through all your stuff and that is part of our responsibilities. We may not always agree with reports submitted but have seen things getting out of hand.
I am not the only one that feels this way.

Yes, you are right Moderators are stuck in the middle! Our decisions don't always make 100% of the members happy.
If we are to continue the growth of this site, the guidelines need to be adhered to.
If we do not continue to draw members and keep them, this site may not be here for us to enjoy. Revenue generated from this site from memberships, site merchandise, advertising and Supporting Vendors fees pay for this site we all enjoy. JonyyB certainly doesn't do it for free.

JonyyB 09-06-2006 06:46 PM

I had captain howdy on ignore for months ;)

JK :cool:

captain howdy 09-06-2006 06:48 PM

Right on! You should be able to ignore things and peoples opinions that you don't like on your own without the help of the ignore button but it's been proven that some just can't do it on their own.

crowbar 09-06-2006 06:49 PM

sindy my point is like in the dungeon "anything goes"

the ones complaining to the mods agreed to the terms i did they know the dungeon is anything goes. why take those threads/privledges away from those who can understand that its anything goes

captain howdy 09-06-2006 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by JonyyB
I had captain howdy on ignore for months ;)

I wish everyone would do the same! :roll: Well most folks that is. :lol:

JonyyB 09-06-2006 06:54 PM

Stop quoting me, I am getting paranoid :one:

SoCalHHR 09-06-2006 07:00 PM

From the Site Rules:

"Remember that our goal is to provide a friendly atmosphere for all."

Regardless of what "side" you're on, way too much of the junk that is being posted lately is offensive to many members.

It seems once people get a few posts under their belts they believe that they can disregard what others think.

This is still a community, and we should respect everyone - or be banned.

That's my take.

I'm tired of all the petty "feuds" I've seen during the past few weeks...grow up or leave!

Before you hit that "post" button, think about what others might think. This forum is about much more than YOU and what you think you have the right to express. Others have rights too - and they came here to talk about HHR's, not religion, sex, etc., or to scroll through pages of childish crap while looking over their shoulders to make sure their children aren't seeing it all.

If this forum doesn't remain a "friendly" place for HHR users- it will die.

john 11 09-06-2006 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
From the Site Rules:

Regardless of what "side" you're on, way too much of the junk that is being posted lately is offensive to many members.

It seems once people get a few posts under their belts they believe that they can disregard what others think.

That's my take.

I'm tired of all the petty "feuds" I've seen during the past few weeks...grow up or leave!

Before you hit that "post" button, think about what others might think. This forum is about much more than YOU and what you think you have the right to express. Others have rights too - and they came here to talk about HHR's, not religion, sex, etc., or to scroll through pages of childish crap while looking over their shoulders to make sure their children aren't seeing it all.

Well Said Mike :thumb:

GDZHHR 09-06-2006 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by crowbar
sindy my point is like in the dungeon "anything goes"

the ones complaining to the mods agreed to the terms i did they know the dungeon is anything goes. why take those threads/privledges away from those who can understand that its anything goes

Please lets not revisit the "anything goes" in the dungeon falacy. Many have proven that this is not the case on more than just one issue.

jshandra 09-06-2006 07:30 PM

From the Site Rules:

That's my take.

I could not agree with you more Mike.

MikeX 09-06-2006 07:59 PM

I want a feature that tells me who is ignoring me so I can then ignore them back.

:nuts:

courthousedeb 09-06-2006 08:04 PM

Thank you Mike...very well put. :bow:

James06 09-06-2006 09:20 PM

CH,
I don't have you on ignore because I like a lively discussion. I don't agree with a lot of your views, but I will back you to the end on your right to express them. Plus, if I don't agree with you, I always can respond and tell you that. It's what make this type of venue interesting. I like reading about the HHR, and the mods we all do, but I also like to read some of the other discussions.

captain howdy 09-06-2006 09:27 PM

Others have rights too - and they came here to talk about HHR's, not religion, sex, etc., or to scroll through pages of childish crap while looking over their shoulders to make sure their children aren't seeing it all.

I agree with you said except for this part. The dungeon is fair game. There is plenty of warning before you open it. Not work safe, anything goes. That's part of why I pay money to this site. A place where I should be free to express myself how I feel. :one:

captain howdy 09-06-2006 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by James06
CH,
I don't have you on ignore because I like a lively discussion. I don't agree with a lot of your views, but I will back you to the end on your right to express them. Plus, if I don't agree with you, I always can respond and tell you that. It's what make this type of venue interesting. I like reading about the HHR, and the mods we all do, but I also like to read some of the other discussions.

Plus I'm actually helpful sometimes. :lol:

crowbar 09-07-2006 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by James06
but I also like to read some of the other discussions.

:bow:

this would be a very dull place if all we talked about was hhr's

x-ray1950 09-08-2006 07:52 PM

From the Site Rules:

That's my take.

I agree 100%,It seems that petty feuds happen more often when you don't
have the other person standing next to you.....

PS, Mike,thanks for the quick service on my two orders....