Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Timing out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 04:41 PM

Timing out?

Anyone else having a issue with the forum timing out? Ill be reading a long thread like the gutter guard thread and go to post or read another thread and I have to re log in! any Ideas?
Thanks

Rich
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Administrator

have not noticed that issue
Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member

No problem here. I just left a post open for about an hour(at work, had to go to a vehicle fire).The post was still open when we returned.

It must be on your end/computer.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:27 PM

I have no problems with my computer or Android....FWIW
Old 11-24-2012, 05:40 PM

Thanks for the replies,, Ill look more on my end,probly my connection,I had issue awhile back and they fixed it looks like its broke again lol..
Old 12-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Premium Member

i get it all the time..i have to re-login every minute or so..drives me nuts
Old 12-03-2012, 01:03 AM

Yes! It's the only negative of this site I can give.

I would guess it's about a 15-20 minute timeout meaning after 15-20 of not navigating, maybe you are reading a long thread or typing one, or you have to go tinkle and got yourself a pop and a bite, you attempt to either post your comment/reply or click on reply or post and it makes you log back in.

The first long comment I made on here I must of went over the time limit and as soon as I hit post it brought me to the login screen and being I didn't copy my comment I lost everything because if you login after it times you out it will just go to a blank screen and you have to re-enter the address or go to your hhr bookmark to get back to the site, losing anything you may have typed. So, copy and paste to be safe.

My bank site doesn't even time me out as fast as this one.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by silverstreet
Yes! It's the only negative of this site I can give. I would guess it's about a 15-20 minute timeout meaning after 15-20 of not navigating, maybe you are reading a long thread or typing one, or you have to go tinkle and got yourself a pop and a bite, you attempt to either post your comment/reply or click on reply or post and it makes you log back in.

The first long comment I made on here I must of went over the time limit and as soon as I hit post it brought me to the login screen and being I didn't copy my comment I lost everything because if you login after it times you out it will just go to a blank screen and you have to re-enter the address or go to your hhr bookmark to get back to the site, losing anything you may have typed. So, copy and paste to be safe.

My bank site doesn't even time me out as fast as this one.
Silverstreet. Don't blame this site. Other members don't seem to have any problems, so maybe it's an issue or setting on your end.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Founding Member

Make sure you have clicked the "Remember Me" box when you log in.

Also if you are going to be idle for 15 or more minutes you will be logged out unless you are at the "Whos Online" screen.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM

My issue(not my mental issues :) ) was in my connection. It seemed that it would drop out for a split second,Basicly a C.I. Connection Interuption.. Italso happen a few time
in a on line game I play with a few Military buddies! So mine was a internet connection problem, Anyone who has this issue here or anywhere check with your Internet Provider
Everyone Thanks for your replies :)

My provider sent me to this site to check my internet speed.. use the Speed Test side, pice a State near you and click.. you can also check states farther away as well just to compare
http://speakeasy.net/

Quick Reply: Timing out?