Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: Which of the following charities would you like to see us be affiliated with?
Red Cross
48.00%
National Emergency Response Team (NERT)
0%
Salvation Army
40.00%
Volunteers of America
4.00%
World Vision
4.00%
REACT International
0%
Children's Disaster Services
0%
American Radio Relay League, Inc. (ARRL)
4.00%
Samaritan's Purse-International Relief
0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Voting Has Now Closed.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 AM
Platinum Member

Voting Has Now Closed.

Here at INTERNET BRANDS and CHEVYHHR.NET, we are looking at forming an affiliation with one of the many charities that are so worthy of support.

To do so, we are looking at providing a link on our web pages here that will help one make a donation, however big or small, to the specific charity we end up supporting.

A short-list of charities has been created - and we know there are many more worthy ones - however we have to make the list manageable at this end.

So we have created a voting poll to ask you, our members, help us determine which one we should support.

Please vote for the one you would like to see us support (listed in random order along with a link to their web page):

- Red Cross - American Red Cross

- National Emergency Response Team (NERT) - NERT

- Salvation Army - The Salvation Army

- Volunteers of America - Volunteers of America

- World Vision - World Vision

- REACT International - REACT International, Inc.

- Children's Disaster Services - Children's Disaster Services

- American Radio Relay League, Inc. (ARRL) - American Radio Relay League

- Samaritan's Purse-International Relief - Samaritan's Purse - International Relief

================================================== ======================================

This poll will run for two weeks, and will end at 11:59pm on July 8, 2014

Last edited by 843de; 07-10-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Platinum Member

BIG BUMP!!!

Lets go folks - if you haven't voted yet, please take a moment and do so.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Deceased

And another bump.

If you're wondering why we're doing this, it's simple. Nobody knows when a disaster will strike next, be it an outbreak of tornadoes, or another Hurricane Sandy, or flooding in the Midwest.

It's time for ChevyHHR.net to take the next step, to remember that there are times when people need help, and to realize that we can make a difference.

So vote for the charity you prefer, and when all the votes are tallied, we'll approach the top two vote getters and work out an alliance.

We do things like the Featured HHR contest, and upcoming Buick Super 8 contest for fun, but this is something that will allow us to give back to the community at large.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:45 PM

And yet another bump.

Last October, I watched as the apartment building I lived in burned to the ground (arson). I lost everything I owned except for the clothes on my body, my cell phone, and my HHR.

The top vote-getting charity was there for me and the 21 other people who were suddenly homeless. They were there before the fire was out.

Vote. And give. You will receive, thereby - if you are ever in need.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member

kornellred.

The Salvation Army and Red Cross were 2 of the agency's that I had the pleasure of seeing in action many times.
Over my 30 year Fire/Rescue career, I have seen these 2 on multiple incident scenes lending support to victims and first responders alike.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:05 PM

Good to see the Red Cross out in front although I voted for the Salvation Army. Most of the other major charity concerns are robbers and take most of the money. There were other good ones on the list though.

Thank youChevyhhr.net

Boydie

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
kornellred.

The Salvation Army and Red Cross were 2 of the agency's that I had the pleasure of seeing in action many times.
Over my 30 year Fire/Rescue career, I have seen these 2 on multiple incident scenes lending support to victims and first responders alike.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:19 AM
Deceased

both getting votes does great
Feeding America is one of the best at 98% going in money spent to feeding people
Old 07-10-2014, 01:38 AM
Deceased

Voting is now closed, and we'd like to thank everyone who took the time to indicate your choices.

I'll leave this thread up for a bit, but we'll be commencing negotiations soon with the top two vote getters.

Once we have things hammered out, you'll soon have links here on the homepage to donate to the charities in the event of a disaster or national emergency.